NWI Hates STRATEGY

Ministry. It's a great map has good flow. Well it did at least... In the middle of the very top floor, there is an elevator shaft that connects all three floors. During the CTE, you could jump from the second floor to the basement and also jump from the top floor onto mechanical parts that were in the shaft, and scale them down to the basement.
Since the release of the map onto the live game, this has been changed. The second floor entrance has been blocked off, and you can no longer jump on mechanical parts to scale down. Why would they do this? Well, I have theory, and this theory isn't only for ministry, but rather NWI's whole out look on the game. In previous updates, they have obviously patched glitched spots, and out of map glitches; but they also patched in-map spots, preventing players from getting to them.
Now I of course don't know their thought process, but this feels like NWI is trying to take away opportunities for players to be tactical, creative, strategic, sneaky, IDK. It's like they are making the game more noob friendly or something; but in my eyes, that isn't what this game is about.
Insurgency is known for it's high risk high reward type of play style. The ability to get killed in under 2 shots, very tactical and strategic gameplay, fast paced games, and much more. Or was that Insurgency 2014? Sandstorm feels like a meat grinder. That maps are horribly designed with no variety to them and they feel very restricted, the restriction zones themselves are goddamn awful like MS paint boxes just slapped onto the maps and not actually engineered around the maps layout, and almost every time a high level player finds a good vantage point(excluding out of map spots), it seems to get blocked off because new players complain about it.

20190619035015_1.jpg

20190619033844_1.jpg

Youtube Video

This is the video of what you used to be ablre to do. ^

last edited by CatNipples

This was probably just too fast to get around the map so idc. The restricted area bullshit is ridiculous though.

They do that all the time. Probably because these aren’t small maps anymore. Every map apart from ministry is sinjar but 10x worse. Still, I don’t know any good spots on any other map that was blocked off. Ministry was probably done for some reason but the spots in the other maps are still the same. You can still snipe from afar on outskirts. The rock spot at the top of the hill for insurgent push on crossing is still there and that bullshit camping spot on summit still exists(the one on B for insurgent push where you can see through the green wagon but it’s very hard for them to see you.

@CatNipples said in NWI Hates STRATEGY:

Now I of course don't know their thought process, but this feels like NWI is trying to take away opportunities for players to be tactical, creative, strategic, sneaky, IDK. It's like they are making the game more noob friendly or something; but in my eyes, that isn't what this game is about.

Ins2014 in and of itself was an easy game to get into. The game was simple; you shoot a guy, and he dies.

Sandstorm is trying to be n00b-friendly, too, but in a different way. You use guns like the VHS-2 that are insanely easy to use and are insanely broken.

Insurgency is known for it's high risk high reward type of play style. The ability to get killed in under 2 shots, very tactical and strategic gameplay, fast paced games, and much more. Or was that Insurgency 2014?

That's definitely Ins2014. I think there are 13 guns now in Sandstorm that are capable of one-shotting an unarmored player with a torso shot.

...the restriction zones themselves are goddamn awful like MS paint boxes just slapped onto the maps and not actually engineered around the maps layout...

This. Doesn't make any sense where they were placed. Feels like an afterthought.

...almost every time a high level player finds a good vantage point(excluding out of map spots), it seems to get blocked off because new players complain about it.

Yeah, like the sniper post across the bridge near Sec spawn on Hideout Push Security. Used to be an open sniping ground, and now there's a fucking tree there.

last edited by MarksmanMax