PLEASE move hardcore checkpoint back into the match preferences rather than ONLY as featured mode

I've just checked out the new menu after the update and am devastated to find that I can no longer set coop preferences to HARDCORE checkpoint. Sure its in featured, HOWEVER this means I cannot set it to only find Security hardcore checkpoint. My preference is security checkpoint only, I'll never play insurgent checkpoint. Furthermore, it is now harder to find a game of hardcore since much less people actually click on the featured modes. I think it should be moved back into the normal coop mix ASAP. Why did you guys have to move it? It was fine before 😞
Please hear me out
Thanks and much appreciated!

@Astronaut_Watney I was talking on their Discord about this as soon as I played the new patch. It makes zero sense, much like a lot of NWI's decisions recently.

Yah, I was confused by this as well. I suppose this way may be better for new players, since if you just launch the game and click "co-op" there isn't a chance to be hurled into a hardcore match as your first-ever game - which may be for the best with a free weekend coming up.

Ultimately, I would like to see it moved back, or for there to be an improved method of selecting what type of game you'd like to play - especially as even more game modes get added.

last edited by MAA_Bunny

@MAA_Bunny said in PLEASE move hardcore checkpoint back into the match preferences rather than ONLY as featured mode:

Yah, I was confused by this as well. I suppose this way may be better for new players...

Yeah, much like a lot of other decisions made by NWI. "Sandstorm" and "Hardcore" just don't go together at this point. Adding in a "Hardcore" mode doesn't change that.

YES PLEASE! OMG I hate what they did here. It makes it so that if you leave a match that is absolutely terrible that you don't automatically HAVE to go back into that match since you can choose between "Insurgents" and "Security." It's so stupid. And especially with "Hardcore Mode" you get A LOT of terrible matches where the people just either suck, they are TKing you on purpose, or you are just getting mauled by the AI because of general BULLSHIT. There are a ton of reasons why you would not want to return to the same match and I've had it happen before where I've entered the same God damned match 5 times in a row before they introduced the feature to selectively pick ONLY SECURITY or ONLY INSURGENTS. So please, guys, make "Hardcore Mode" so that you can choose between the two sides so that you can avoid a terrible match placement!

Hello all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll pass this feedback on to the team.