Frenzy servers report regular Checkpoint mode in A2S_RULES until players join

For servers running the CheckpointFrenzy ruleset, the game mode (GameMode_s) reported by server query A2S_RULES is just Checkpoint until a player joins. After a player joins it changes to Frenzy Checkpoint. I also notice that the Coop_b boolean changes from true to false (!).

This can be confusing for users that present this game mode to their community, as the server appears as any standard Checkpoint server until a player has joined. Additionally, the server may show as PvP if the user is parsing Coop_b.

Ideally the game mode would always report Frenzy Checkpoint while the ruleset is in the server parameters, regardless of whether players have joined.

Here is my parsed data pre-/post-player-join for reference.

Pre-join:

{
  "Arcade_b": "false",
  "Coop_b": "true",
  "GameMode_s": "Checkpoint",
  "MatchServer_b": "false",
  "OfficialRuleset_b": "false",
  "PlrC_i": "0",
  "PlrM_i": "10",
  "Pwd_b": "false",
  "RankedServer_b": "true",
  "S": "523"
}

Post-join:

{
  "Arcade_b": "true",
  "Coop_b": "false",
  "GameMode_s": "Frenzy Checkpoint",
  "MatchServer_b": "false",
  "OfficialRuleset_b": "false",
  "PlrC_i": "1",
  "PlrM_i": "10",
  "Pwd_b": "false",
  "RankedServer_b": "true",
  "S": "523"
}

Days without a response, @chaton... Can we at least get a confirmation that you guys are paying attention? This lack of response for technical issues in the technical feedback forum is all too familiar. ([1], [2])

If I'm doing something wrong or could somehow provide you with more valuable information, again please feel free to respond.

last edited by JoeK5142

Hello @JoeK5142,

First off, thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been passed on to NWI. I'm waiting for the further information from their end.

Thank you for replying, @chaton. I'm glad these issues are being taken into consideration!

Heads up, @chaton; this issue is still occurring on v1.4.

Hey @JoeK5142,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll ask the team again about this issue.

still seeing this in 1.4 patched and if anything its worse