it's ridiculously harsh how little XP you get from playing all 3 co op checkpoint rounds but failing at the last point everytime. IT TOOK AN HOUR.

Made a reddit post about this and I linked it to a dev and he said I should make a forum post as well so here I am.

So Basically I think its insanely harsh how you get so little XP if you fail 3 times on co op, especially since I played for an hour. (I've had games that go past this time too) And its crazy since every sandstorm match you play a large chunk of your XP comes from "Time played" after ever match and I've lost tdm matches and got more "time played" XP than when I lose 3 times on Checkpoint so IDK if this is a bug or whatever, seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I mean just look at the screenshot below, its so little XP to be playing the game for a whole hour on one specific map on one specific mode. It just doesn't feel very rewarding to the player after trying to attempt to win 3 times. I mean I tried my hardest but during the free weekend alot of newbies had no clue and I didnt want to leave because then I'd get nothing so I tried to help them but ultimately they didn't really play the objective so we lost 3 times.

20190622184755_1.jpg

A lot of people seem to agree with me on the reddit thread as well, please NWI look into this!

last edited by SpartanViperz

Welcome to the frustrations of I.S.

@SpartanViperz I just had a round earlier where I top scored on a half-hour game of Hardcore Checkpoint, and only got 5300 XP. Before 1.13, I would've gotten 10-15k XP.

last edited by MarksmanMax

"Time Played" seems to discard the rounds had before until the final one which can lead to drop-outs or frustration even when you do manage to complete a tough one.

They likely wanted to avoid people just farming EXP, but is it really that important enough to gimp it like this? Personally, I do not think so.

Hello @SpartanViperz,

Thanks for pointing this out! The team are now looking into this issue.

We had a look at this and it turns out that this seems to be a UI bug. The normal amount of XP was being awarded correctly (with a slight reduction if you lose only in Coop), but the post-match screen showed the wrong value. It should refresh itself upon a restart of the game or catch up with itself in the next post-match screen. If you are still having issues with this please reach out to us support@newworldinteractive.com

you played well and that is all that counts; fuck the point anyway, after a while you won´t even know what to do with all that cash and ranking up further will only transform you into a magic bullet sponge for the ai as you will be targeted more often; on a side note, when I am not playing with friends, I exit when I die, just like that, so it´s Azrael/PTFO or nothing ...

@bahzooga believe me I have like no credits atm and there's so many more cosmetics i wanna unlock! plus new ones coming look awesome! and I wasn't aware this is how the AI work? are you sure that is the case that you're targeted more because you are higher level? and yeah thats what I'm hoping to avoid with a fix from the devs I don't want people to leave after one round because we lost besides doing that you loose all the xp you would've got I just want more XP for loosing all three rounds so close to winning.

@chaton

Thanks,

this kind of makes sense with another bug that I always thought had happened where I'd see my progress XP almost hit the next level (e.g 60 but still level would be level 59) and then I'd go into the game and it would say I''m level 60. I've seen a lot of issues crop up regarding levels and XP recently, I think you guys should keep your eyes on the XP system for any potential other issues that arise as it does seem a bit buggy in a few ways and a little inconsistent across different game modes. and it's not rewarding to the player to be grinding for hours at a time and playing well to get little in return just because they "lost"

last edited by SpartanViperz

@bahzooga said in it's ridiculously harsh how little XP you get from playing all 3 co op checkpoint rounds but failing at the last point everytime. IT TOOK AN HOUR.:

...ranking up further will only transform you into a magic bullet sponge for the ai as you will be targeted more often

Not in the works yet, but I'm 100% making a video with examples showcasing this exact issue.

This is insurgency, you dedicate time and effort to every game like you would to a csgo mm game. That includes the bullshit and salt

@burntf1ames said in it's ridiculously harsh how little XP you get from playing all 3 co op checkpoint rounds but failing at the last point everytime. IT TOOK AN HOUR.:

This is insurgency, you dedicate time and effort to every game like you would to a csgo mm game. That includes the bullshit and salt...

IMO this is a terrible argument. Fucking hell, this doesn't even make sense. What side are you even taking here lmao.