Suggestion: KelTec KSG-12 (Shotgun)

Pump action shotgun that can take the usual variety of attachments. Be really cool to see this in the game.
A really cool thing I would like to see is the ability to load two types of ammunition into this as you could for the real life model and select between the two. Having a shotgun in the game where we could switch between slug and flechette would be amazing and add a lot more utility to the shotgun category.

alt text

Bump. That's a very cool idea.

@circlegod Yeah, this could be pretty cool to see in-game. Two barrels (loaded with different shell types) might be a bit tricky to operate but would add some versatility.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax said in Suggestion: KelTec KSG-12 (Shotgun):

Two barrels (loaded with different shell types) might be a bit tricky to operate but would add some versatility.

Minor correction: it has a single barrel and two magazines.

It would probably be fairly balanced if they added the ability to load each magazine with different ammo, as you'd need to either waste a shell or fire once before the newly selected ammo type would be loaded. But it could also just be a simple pump shotgun with a high magazine capacity.

@MAA_Bunny said in Suggestion: KelTec KSG-12 (Shotgun):

Minor correction: it has a single barrel and two magazines.

Oh, yeah. That makes more sense lmao.

@MarksmanMax It would definitely add some difficulty, but no one has to use it that way. I think it would just add a nice skill cap 🙂 , plus I just like this weapon in general anyways. I haven't seen a lot of movement in the shotgun area since the games release, I assume that is because they might be a little OP, so they are sticking to pumps. When I was thinking that, this weapon came to mind, cause it is pretty fricken awesome and still a pump shotgun.

I really hope they consider it or have already 🙂

Really though I would just settle for the base model in the game haha (with no utility and different special thingies) I have to admit the reloading action on this would probably take awhile. So the high-capacity would definitely have its own trade off.

It would be great if this had access to the old flechettes. Those were a lot of fun and actually made the game worth launching

@cyoce I think I may have missed that, what did they do differently?

it may be good for game 🙂

@circlegod The old Flechette rounds had much tighter spread than Buckshot, so it was essentially AP buckshot that performed well at medium and even long ranges. It was kinda broken, though, so I'm not sure if I want to see it added back in.

Hello all!

Thanks for this feedback! It'll be forwarded to the team!

@circlegod Old flechettes had tighter spread and consistently one shot people at medium range. It was the only thing that felt like an Insurgency gun, so it was of course nerfed.

@cyoce Brutal, be really cool to see that get balanced back a bit, they do not feel really powerful right now.