Co-op Insurgents and M4A1 Carbines

Why are the Insurgents allowed to use M4A1 Carbines in Co-op? Them being allowed to use M16A2s make sense as they were used in the Gulf War and are old weapons. But the M16A4 isn't used by the Insurgents so why is the M4A1. I find it hard to believe that they'd have access to those weapons in such a mass scale. Perhaps maybe an Advisory role, but not the others. It also takes away from the immersion made with Co-op. Could a dev please address this when they have the time?

last edited by AncientHoplite

@AncientHoplite said in Co-op Insurgents and M4A1 Carbines:

Why are the Insurgents allowed to use M4A1 Carbines in Co-op?

Well, I think the original intention was to allow for a full-auto 5.56 option, as the Insurgents didn't have one. Now, though, there's the QBZ-03, so this could be changed.

@MarksmanMax said in Co-op Insurgents and M4A1 Carbines:

Well, I think the original intention was to allow for a full-auto 5.56 option, as the Insurgents didn't have one. Now, though, there's the QBZ-03, so this could be changed.

Well, hopefully this can be changed in a future patch.

Some M-4s have been captured by ISIS in Iraq, either from US Army losses or from Iraqi Army and police losses and defectors. It's not common, but it's not unrealistic either.

I agree with @MarksmanMax though, with the QBZ-03 in the game now, I'd be fine with removing the M-4 from Insurgent weapons.

@MAA_Bunny said in Co-op Insurgents and M4A1 Carbines:

Some M-4s have been captured by ISIS in Iraq, either from US Army losses or from Iraqi Army and police losses and defectors. It's not common, but it's not unrealistic either.

I agree with @MarksmanMax though, with the QBZ-03 in the game now, I'd be fine with removing the M-4 from Insurgent weapons.

Yeah of course, that pretty much happens in every war, and it's probably how the Insurg got so many M16A2s. But still, I don't that justifies that many classes having M4A1s, maybe perhaps the Advisor role could have it, as they have the "Exotic" weapons.