AI reaction time????

WTF? How in the World can a bot, from 100 meters away, carrying a Mosin Nagant, wearing flip flops lock on to me and headshot me in .00001 seconds? Granted i'm laying prone, behind a car, in look down sights and still can't react fast enough. Thats straight ridiculous!!!!! Things like this is why people hate this game. BS like this causes HUGE swings in the game. BS

BTW, I realize devs don't gaf. Hell, they barely read anything in here. They only comment on safe stuff. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah your right, happens from time to time in almost any round and on any map ( on official NWI and also on custom servers ).
Super fast aiming bots who will hit you deadly with their first shot ... these are RIDICULOUS and need to be reworked as soon as possible !
It´s so frustrating, you cannot avoid getting killed by them.

@LetsGoChamp I did finally quit the game because of this, after 750 hours. It's unbearably ridiculous after a certain level and the devs just don't give a flying f**k about it. Coupled with hitreg issues and invisible bots it's hard to remain loyal to this mess. By now this game has nothing to do with skills or tactics anymore.

last edited by kanneltaja72

@LetsGoChamp Not sure if you've seen this (I'm just posting it everywhere to help draw attention to this bullshit) but here you go:

Youtube Video

Also, wrong post, but how is your alt account doing? I remember you said you bought Sandstorm on a different account to test if the AI scales by your current rank and I'd love to know how that experiment's going.

@kanneltaja72 said in AI reaction time????:

Coupled with hitreg issues and invisible bots it's hard to remain loyal to this mess.

Yeah, if these issues aren't fixed in the next patch I'm abandoning this game.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax

A lot of these kills are fair. Why not make a video where you only show situations that you mean are unfair if you wanna make a point, as this is way too inconsistent for me at least.

At 2:41 you get killed in a straight angle, but start repeating "what angle" and show a picture of the straight angle like its some kind of revelation. What is your point? Why you getting worked up by that? The bots should not be able to clear you with a straight shot? I dont get it at all..

At 3:42 you are spotted by an enemy and you are fully exposed. At 3:46, after staying still approximately 4 seconds fully exposed to the enemy you get killed. What is the problem with that, I dont get it at all, you need to play at a much lower difficulty or learn to take cover and change cover repeatedly or the game will feel random no matter what the devs do....

At 5:20 you blindrush stairs with enemies, not shaving corner and write instantly killed in the text above. What are you trying to prove here, you are playing horrible in this clip and should be aware. You need the bots to react like a 110 year old grandma not to be killed in this situation=) Do you want to be able to run past the bots before they kill you?

At 5:34 you get killed from within the room behind you, and starts complaining and asking what afterwards? A bot have been sneaking up on you and the building you in is clearly not safe. Should be no surprise?

At 5:50 you get killed and freaks out and suggest there was nothing you could do.... You in the middle of the room with open angles in at least 3 directions. Its a tactical disaster. Dont stay that exposed and you would have been fine.

I could do this with a lot more but its too cringy, I mean my stomach hurts.

Also many of the clips are made within a short timeframe, giving no good information to the viewer about what is going on:

For example if you peek a corner or your teammate peeks a corner, then you move away from corner, the bots are on alert and will often mess you up if you peek afterwards. Some of the clips are too short to know the whole picture.

Still, its cool that you are making an effort to shed light on buggy bots, but maybe reconsider 90% of the material:P

EDIT: Also keep your ADS up and shave corners, this is a mistake repeated in this video.

Also, making the bots perfect in all situations IS IMPOSSIBLE. No dev can do that, so if you play a lot there will be some bugs in most games, that is the price payed to have bots with a decent reaction time - Bots would all need to be nerfed so hard players would fall asleep to be within your standards here.

last edited by Pacalis

Sadly i have to confirm Pacalis post here on your video MarksmanMax.
A lot of situations in your video show legitimate bot kills.
But still some kills are incredibly fast and not legitimate !

It takes some time to watch and analyze the situation. In many cases of your deaths your playstyle is the reason for it.

Fact is that the A.I. still has some very very short reaction time in some cases which you cannot survive because they headshot you or hit you with a Mosin.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

I often get killed by bots in <0.1 seconds by somehow shooting bullets out of their ass or elbow.

last edited by Grave

@Pacalis said in AI reaction time????:

A lot of these kills are fair.

debatable

At 2:41 you get killed in a straight angle, but start repeating "what angle" and show a picture of the straight angle like its some kind of revelation.

The annoying part about this is how fast the bot locks on (because, you know, marksman bots are supposed to have "delayed lock-on time") coupled with the fact that I somehow didn't headshot him, and also the fact that I can literally only see his head when he kills me. That's the annoying part.

EDIT: I don't think you understand what I mean by "angle"

"you get killed in a straight angle, but start repeating "what angle" and show a picture of the straight angle like its some kind of revelation."

Of course, it's a straight angle. He's shooting a gun at me so, in theory, it has to be a straight angle. "Angle" refers to how much I can see of the enemy after taking obstacles and cover into account. In this case, I can only his head (not even his gun), yet somehow he can still land that shot.

At 3:42 you are spotted by an enemy and you are fully exposed. At 3:46, after staying still approximately 4 seconds fully exposed to the enemy you get killed. What is the problem with that...

I even put the problem in the video. "AI enemies will take longer to zero in when using marksman rifles and machine guns, and be less accurate". This is also the problem with the first clip you talked about (the second shot is zero'd in already? delayed lock-on my ass). Also, that's a PKM. That bot sniped me with a single shot of a PKM while standing. If you think that's fair...

Also, that whole part is slowed down when I open fire. That whole exchange was only about one second.

At 5:20 you blindrush stairs with enemies, not shaving corner and write instantly killed in the text above. What are you trying to prove here, you are playing horrible in this clip and should be aware.

I run down these stairs, not even expecting enemies to begin with, with a teammate who's to my immediate left, and yet I'm instakilled for my wrongdoings while my teammate grabs some free PKM kills. That whole scenario basically sums up my problem with this game:

-> I make a mistake = AI kills me

-> Teammate makes a mistake = AI doesn't do anything

At 5:34 you get killed from within the room behind you, and starts complaining and asking what afterwards?

Instakilled by an MG3? I literally die on the first shot fired? That's not a problem for you?

"AI enemies will take longer to zero in when using marksman rifles and machine guns, and be less accurate."

At 5:50 you get killed and freaks out and suggest there was nothing you could do.... You in the middle of the room with open angles in at least 3 directions.

Yes, with players covering the other angles. This whole video is supposed to show you how bullshit the AI is. I literally died by the first shot fired from this bot who turned the corner not even a second before. You can't understand that, apparently.

Also many of the clips are made within a short timeframe, giving no good information to the viewer about what is going on.

I edited out a lot of the downtime because there's basically no point in showing it anyway, as it changes nothing. The video's still eleven minutes long.

For example if you peek a corner or your teammate peeks a corner, then you move away from corner, the bots are on alert and will often mess you up if you peek afterwards.

This AI behavior sounds smart in theory but is actually just stupid in practice.

EDIT: Also keep your ADS up and shave corners, this is a mistake repeated in this video.

Holding ADS won't stop the bots from instakilling me. I don't ADS when peeking corners as I typically just want information. If I get shot at, I just get to cover.

Also, making the bots perfect in all situations IS IMPOSSIBLE.

So that's your justification for leaving broken-ass AI in the game and not even trying to change it?

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING said in AI reaction time????:

A lot of situations in your video show legitimate bot kills.

I honestly don't know how you think this is a correct statement.

@Grave said in AI reaction time????:

I often get killed by bots in <0.1 seconds by somehow shooting bullets out of their ass or elbow.

Yeah, I don't think @GSG_9_LIGHTNING or @Pacalis seems to realize this. I also remember having another AI conversation with Pacalis where he basically just went full retard and tried to justify the AI's ability to noscope you with a Mosin at 100 yards.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax

I stay by my statements as I think its quite straightforward and needs no further explanation. The word angle is a word I understand the meaning of.

Who is going full retard time and again is also debatable=D Have a nice day good sir.

I stay by my statements as I think its quite straightforward and needs no further explanation.

I ask for an explanation and you decline lmao. See ya.

Who is going full retard time and again is also debatable=D

That's an interesting quote coming from a guy saying that FSA from a Dshk is balanced.