RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!

@Point_man Consoles really are garbage. If you need help building a real gaming rigg just make a thread and we will help you out. PC gamers are helpful like that.

Fyi to console players looking for more news on the PS4 / XB1 release....

This is a clip NWI made that was pulled from one of their recent live streams due to the overwhelming inquiries they received (and continue to receive):

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145810251599343616

As mentioned before, they are still shooting for a 2019 release.

Please, please, please for the love of God get this game out on consoles before 2023!

2022 would be absolutely perfect!

last edited by gprologitech

@Kean_1 said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

Fyi to console players looking for more news on the PS4 / XB1 release....

This is a clip NWI made that was pulled from one of their recent live streams due to the overwhelming inquiries they received (and continue to receive):

https://twitter.com/i/status/1145810251599343616

As mentioned before, they are still shooting for a 2019 release.

Good to hear news on whats going on and why there was delayed info for consoles, hope they get the game released sometime 2019.

@gprologitech said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

Please, please, please for the love of God get this game out on consoles before 2023!

2022 would be absolutely perfect!

2022 would be ideal for next gen consoles, if the devs have the next gen consoles dev kit to work with, or 2022 would be too long of a wait for current gen, for those who are already waiting.

@cyoce said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

Calm down there, my dude. YELLING AT THE DEVS WONT MAKE THEM PORT A SHITTY GAME TO YOUR PLATFORM THIS SUMMER.......... EXCLAMATION POINT.

How would you even play a tactical shooter with a controller? There would have to be shitloads of autoaim that further destroy any illusions that the skill ceiling does not touch the floor.

I played Insurgency Sandstorm for the first time during the free weekend with a controller, to get an idea what to expect when it releases on console, at certain mid to long ranges, some from of auto aim is needed but not by much as i found myself doing quite well hanging in there with M&Kb users, the hardest part of using a controller is trying to keep control the recoil of the weapons when firing, but even though i was at a disadvantage, i still enjoyed my time and looking forward to the console release.

@lostfaith2 said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

I played Insurgency Sandstorm for the first time during the free weekend with a controller, to get an idea what to expect when it releases on console, at certain mid to long ranges, some from of auto aim is needed but not by much as i found myself doing quite well hanging in there with M&Kb users, the hardest part of using a controller is trying to keep control the recoil of the weapons when firing, but even though i was at a disadvantage, i still enjoyed my time and looking forward to the console release.

I'm sure they will dial it in even more for console release.

I tend to play my tactical / military shooters without auto aim enabled. As someone else mentioned, you have little choice in games like DayZ and I don't have a problem in games like that.

Some titles just do free aim better than others. Ghost Recon Wildlands is one that comes to mind that felt really good without auto aim on a controller to me. I also played without any of the visual aids / HUD. An example of a game I find frustrating without auto aim is GTAV and RDR2. It's simply too clunky for me but because those are more arcadey experiences, I don't mind.

I hope NWI is able to pull off a natural feeling free-aim experience in the console release to the point where they feel auto-aim is not needed. .....or if they do include it, I hope it's very subtle and/or a global option in matches. .....or maybe if they include hardcore (which I'm really hoping they do), they can disable AA in that mode.

last edited by Kean_1

I agree, Im one of the only people I know who plays on PC but all of my friends play PS4 or Xbox, and every single person who I have showed this game to told me they would purchase it if it was on console. It doesn't have to be crossplay, I don't expect it to be either, but damn they could get 10x the audience if they ported to console considering PC players stick to strategy, MMO, and fantasy/puzzle while Console players usually grab shooters and fighting games. If sandstorm had been released with some REAL marketing on console, it could have easily dominated the market and competed with call of duty and battlefield. They should release it right now, We have kind of reached a stale level of calmness in gaming where other than Nintendo releases nothing good is coming out right now, this would be featured on xbox and ps stores if it released asap for consoles, if they wait until fall to do it itll drown out under the new cod and other shooters at the same time, people on console are looking for a new game NOW so its the perfect time to release it

Having not heard anything on what's happening with what' going on with the consoles release, It's looking like the sometime 2019 console release is not going to be,
With the next gen consoles coming later 2020, My current guess is that they have dropped it for current gen consoles for a next gen console release and would make more sense as of now.

@lostfaith2 said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

Having not heard anything on what's happening with what' going on with the consoles release, It's looking like the sometime 2019 console release is not going to be,
With the next gen consoles coming later 2020, My current guess is that they have dropped it for current gen consoles for a next gen console release and would make more sense as of now.

They announced that it will be Spring 2019. They have partnered with Black Tower Studios to co-develop the console versions of the game. They also stated how console is one of their focuses through the rest of the year and the next.

You console peasants can get fucked, the game needs fixing on pc with the SDK released before they should even consider a console release.
Stay true to your origins or be forgotten.

@Depleted said in RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON CONSOLE!!!:

You console peasants can get fucked

That was completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

Please, don't release the game on consoles and improve the real platform of Insurgency series games, the PC.

They've already announced a new console release time frame and invested in this new co-developing partnership with Black Tower.

They've already delayed the console release several times already so (personally), I'm glad they've finally buckled down and committed to it.

The console release also doesn't mean that development on PC stops especially now that this partnership has been established with Black Tower. They explain all that in their last progress report.