Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix

side note: upvoting helps NWI see these posts and are more likely to address the issues later on
*THIS IS ALSO MY OPINON IS SOME PARTS
-I would update this list and anything that is wrong or has been fixed a while back or later on I will remove when I find out.
-also no one cares about new guns or other shit if this game isn’t fixed or has some major problems. Don’t complain that you don’t have any of these issues and you want NWI to give you a bipod helicopter skin instead
———————————————————————————
Issues with the game in general:

1. Bugs
  • invisible fire
  • invisible weapons
    -weapons not switching when you use scroll wheel to switch weapons
    -scopes to rendering when pick up new weapon and scope in
  • spawning in another player
    -the truck can get stuck in a lot of places
  • visibility as black facial cosmetics blend in with some parts of the map
  • optimization (it’s most prevalent when near buildings that have a lot of stuff and not in open fields of tight corridors. At least for me) the game is not optimized enough until it’s runs just as well as fortnite on varying hardware. Both games run on the same engine so if a child getting high off of weed simulator battle royal can run at 300+ FPS then sandstorm can also run that well
    -NO MORE 1x SCOPES. WE DON’T NEED MORE SCOPES
  • sounds not playing sometimes
  • grenade explosions can vary when behind cover (sometimes you die when your entire body is around the corner and sometimes some pile of wood can block all the explosion)
  • you can get stuck in a lot of areas
  • autobalance ( stop putting all the new players joining into an ongoing match onto the same team )
  • bad matchmaking (stop putting level 200s with level 10s to 30s)
  • the thing that shows how close you are to an observer can become invisible for a commander sometimes.
  • bad restriction zones( why is only a tiny part of a corner restricted)
  • hit reg (sometimes bad)
  • explosions can cause massive frame drops
  • suppression can cause sounds to not play until your dead even long after being suppressed (and this is like getting mortared it helicopter suppression)
  • the main menu needs to be redone and made much more cleaner (IMO)
  • the main menu customization for your classes needs to be more visible to the average player (IMO)
  • some settings when changed, always go back to the default one when restarting the game or booting it up again after exiting (motion blur, the resolution scale, AA is a problem for me)
  • the patch notes of the new update always pop up when loading the game up every time
  • when booting up the game, the intro takes up the full screen like its in borderless and then the game comes up in full screen(it’s not a big problem)
  • when you alt tab and your not in your native resolution(haven’t tested it yet for native resolution), the game doesn’t minimize and you can browse your desktop and everything else freely until you alt tab back or click on the icon at the bottom of the tray. The game instead just sits in border lead mode by stretching the resolution you have set in game and doesn’t allow you to see the desktop)
    -using too much cpu power over gpu power (probably my computer)
  • in game chat is clunky
  • no report feature when clicking on someone else’s name in the scoreboard but their is a button to message them for some reason
  • attachments sometimes don’t appear( not just for one life but for an entire game)
  • Pressing the key for radio voice commands and even fire support commands sometimes causes the game to freeze for a few seconds and then have a massive FPS drop right after for a split second
  • when clicking on your weapon in the customization screen (in and out of game), the camera will pan from your character to the weapon and if you want the camera to go back to your character, you have to press the button at the bottom and if you press escape instead, the camera will still only stay on the weapon you have selected (selecting grenades have the same issue) (not a big issue)
    -drone fire support sometimes don’t make sound
  • has masks not showing up on players (includes other players and your own world model)
    -gas masks sometimes don’t play animations
  • when spectating someone with a gas mask and you go into third person to view them, the gas mask hud overlay is still there
  • when crouch jumping while sprinting, you lung coward like your dolphin diving and it doesn’t make sense how someone carrying 10 pounds of shit can do this but not vault over a wall that’s 5 meters high
    -joining finished or almost empty servers( servers with 7 people playing)
  • Molotovs makes smoke that is very hard to see through even on the very edge sometimes can can basically give the enemy a black wall.
    -Replay system still sucks
  1. Issues with the game in gameplay AI etc(and also suggestions for changes that I THINK is good):
  • the AI in co-op is terrible (there’s a very good post by someone else and it explains it better, https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/40640/for-gods-sake-developers-please-put-more-attention-to-a-i-coding-frustrating-gameplay-in-coop/2)
  • PROGRESSION SYSTEM: no getting in game currency is not a progression system. Can we have something from day of infamy where you get custom versions of certain guns when you get like 100 headshots or 500 kills
  • (not sure if right)alpha footage shows that you were able to porting most weapons and models from from the 2014 game. I think most of the community would be fine if guns from that game and maybe even maps were just potted to sandstorm
  • the fire support for drones are clunky sometimes being very hard to hit and sometimes going in just a straight path
  • The G3 has almost no recoil if you put a fore grip on it and is the only 7.62mm rifle available to everyone
  • the flashbang should be available to everyone
  • summit, when security is attacking on push, there are some corners where it’s restricted to the insurgents and it makes no sense at all
  • *****IMO:(for pvp) sandstorm has terrible maps. They are all designed around the new truck and fire support systems and all the game modes. Instead of having a good map for one specific game mode, nwi made it so every map can be played as a firefight, skirmish or push map. This just results in some areas that area really good for some game modes and terrible for others(so basically the maps all suck for every game mode). It feels like some parts of the maps can be combined together to make one good map just for push or just for skirmish(firefight is a lost cause with these maps). Insurgency 2014 had most maps that were designed for one game mode and if they needed to use the map for other game modes, they just tweak it so it only suits that game mode(and then rename it and hope no one finds they are the same). Sandstorm can be a great game if it had maps that were designed around one gamemode and is not made so that the entire map is designed for every game mode. I’m no expert on map design but I don’t think anyone would make fucken office for both hostage and bomb defusal in cs just like how you wouldn’t try to make refinery into a skirmish map and a push map and a firefight map.
    -that huge rock in the river on the bridge on hideout needs to be gone. It’s unrealistic enough that cars were able to fly off the bridge without huge damages in the bridge or that there is a huge piece of rock sticking out just enough to cover people from fire across the river. Then you just have a huge piece of rock in the river and it’s only there because the map sucks and they needed to balance it somehow
    -make it so when you call in a fire support, it doesn’t take forever to arrive. Make it so after the fire support is confirmed, it only waits 5 seconds before they are here. It would help with every fire support (except for the helicopters don’t do it to helicopters).This helps the smoke and chemical mortars the most as they take forever to arrive compared to Day of Infamy
  • make it so a radio that calls in fire support can be equipped by any class for 1 point and takes the place of the gas mask but the observer gets one for free and can still have a gas mask with them
    -farmhouse, on security, you can get on the roof of the building to the right of the spawn area and with a 7x scope, you can snipe any insurgent coming from 2 of the 3 path ways the insurgents can only go from spawn and their own safe path that isn’t the main road to C for skirmish(this being the road to point D on skirmish and the building’s doorway that contains A point for insurgent attack on farmhouse)
  • visibility is terrible on refinery as anyone wearing a grey mask can blend in with some dark parts of the map
  • on insurgent attack for push on crossing, there is a ledge behind the security spawn that can give you a good sniping area. However, the rocks next to the top of it is accessible through crouch jumping and even though nwi blocked off most of it, the little part that’s accessible allows security snipers to be concealed behind a piece of leaf from the tree below while having a vantage point that overlooks every path the insurgents can take to get out of spawn( has become well known but it’s still broken)
  • crossing for skirmish still allows spawn camping for insurgents as the right left and 2nd floor of weapons cache A allows spawn camping on the security
  • summit on security attack on push still allows spawn camping when it’s point B and with a grenade launcher of an rpg can allow you to reach the security’s spawn
  • summit for insurgent attack on push allows the security to defend from the second floor and still be on the point ( from some areas)
  • summit for insurgent attack on push( when it’s point b) gives the security some very tiny holes that anyone with a 4x can see through
  • outskirts has some areas where it’s really not needed as part of the map and getting rid of some of the south areas will make it better.
  • team killing and reflective damage is still a problem (add an r6 way of dealing with TK as the people who got TK can say yes or no on if the TK was intentional and if enough people vote yes then reverse friendly fire can be toggled)
  • lasers need to be seeable through smoke
    -change the commanders icon for where to call in the fire support from the arrow to the glowing sphere thing from the first open beta.
  • move point C on skirmish for precinct to the building behind it and has a roof and not just the open fountain courtyard
  • heavy barrel (no reason at all)
  • more sway on guns and more recoil on guns when not crouched
  • make both bolt action sniper rifles harder to center your aim (like how in insurgency 2014, the scope swayed pass the center a bit and then went back to the center but a little down before becoming stable and the middle of the scope being centered) when you ads but reload faster and when loading a new bullet between shots
  • all scopes can be swayed a little more like how it is described above
  • if nwi wants to make big maps, make them like joe day of infamy has some big maps or areas that are big(IMO)
    -Use fog to optimize the game,( we don’t need to be able to see the insurgent’s spawn clearly from the security spawn) and maybe even use the source way of optimization where parts of the map are rendered if your in a certain sector.
    -idk of this is true (I don’t have day of infamy anymore) but I remember that at the start of a round, instead of being in place and waiting for a timer to tick down, you were able to move around but shoot until the timer ticking down was over. Feel like this can do something about that empty space that both teams need to run for a while during the start of a skirmish match
    While I see many problems (clearly a lot of problems) in this game and how it will take time for nwi to fix it, i still see hope for this game unlike many people in this community. Lots of people saw this game at first as a successor to insurgency 2014 and when they played it, they were mostly disappointment by the quality and content in the game. Most saw nwi becoming like the rest of the indie teams in this industry, incompetent, telling lies, and not able to get their game to be the best it can be. Nwi still has a long way to go and just like insurgency 2014, the game didn’t start off too good and unlike insurgency 2014, it will take them longer than 6 months to fix this game. Thy were never good at making the best maps and are still learning on how to use the new engine. Being a studio that has been using the source engine for 10 years now and going to learn something new for them isn’t easy. I just hope that they have a plan for what they are doing and that sandstorm can become just as good as insurgency 2014 one day.
    ** THESE ISSUES ARE PROBLEMS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED AND WHAT OTHERS HAVE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED. ALSO, READ THE WHOLE THING IF YOUR GOING TO TELL ME SOMETHING IS WRONG. IF YOUR ABLE TO LEARN ABOUT BORING SHIT IN HISTORY CLASS FOR MOST OF YOUR CHILDHOOD I BET YOU CAN READ THIS LONG POST ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT PISSING YOURSELVES
last edited by burntf1ames

Well at least NWI might see how much shit is in their game here

I played this game 5 times longer then you and I should say the game is amazing, bugs are really rare or not critical, gameplay issues not so critical too, and I excited about all new stuff devs will give us soon: night maps, Sinjar, Ambush mod, Modding tool etc.

I see you dissapointed, as I was at 40 hours. Then I set graphics settings on minimal to fix FPS, played with bots few hours to understand shooting mechanics, and then I really changed my mind about game from 'terrible' to 'awesome'.

Wish you will understang it too bro.

last edited by Sulfur

First, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK HOW MUCH LONGER YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING, DOESN’T MEAN SHIT WHEN IT COMES TO GIVING FEEDBACK
Second, DID YOU EVEN READ THE ENTIRE FUCKEN THING. READ IT SINCE IF YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME LONGER THAN ME YOI SHOULD KNOW SOME OF THOSE BUGS WERE MAJOR PROBLEMS DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND OPEN BETA.
Third, I have been here since the alpha and this isn’t disappointment. Most of these problems have been here since open beta actually. You see we will never get anything in this game fixed if part of the community just keeps saying “oh I have totally played longer than you and I know that the game is very good and your just disappointed.” I’m pretty sure you didn’t even read through most of the problems listed in the bugs section since most of them are pretty annoying to deal with. Somehow turning down graphics settings allows everyone to not have invisible weapons, invisible fire, no broken vehicles, no invisible player models, no bad visibility, etc? I can understand if you like the maps but saying the game is good and that everyone who complains that it has problems about it just don’t like the game isn’t a good way to get this game fixed. Also “if everyone enjoys it,” i like an explanation of the mixed reviews on steam and why all the negative reviews all say around the same things I have said about bugs. This forums is for helping the devs find problems and giving suggestions on making the game better. It’s not for people to just give suggestions on new guns that no one in the Middle East use and new dumb ideas while telling everyone who is trying to talk about real issues saying, “they are just pieces of shits who have definitely played the game less than them because only people who have played less than me hate this game. And also how this game is perfect and everything and has no flaws. What are bugs, I never have heard of them, I just think this is game is perfect since I have more hours played than everyone else and have the best computer and I expect everyone else to also have one too.” And sure you might think the bugs in the game are gay but EXPLAIN THE FUCKEN MAPS THEN. How the fuck is making 1 map for 3 gamemodes a good idea? That’s how you make bad maps with weird rotations that only make sense when you look at it as a map with 4 game modes. All the maps apart from ministry are not good. If you wonder why ministry is good is because it was designed with one fucken gamemode in mind. Unless your just so blinded by the amount of bullshit that’s in your face, you probably have never played NWI’s older games and saw the development processes of those games.

omg you so mad 🤣
You really have problems, I see it now.
Feel free to white dawn all of your anger, someone who cares will read it, no doubt.

"bugs are really rare or not critical, gameplay issues not so critical too"

Are you drunk? This game is completely broken.

@Grave
That persons from Russia. It’s mentally blinded people like them who can only say cyka blyat that makes it so this game will never be a polish

@Grave said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

6d37bc42-5d4f-4878-9b98-250348b95a4d-image.png

ahaha, man you like a crying baby, grow up a bit 😂

@burntf1ames said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

@Grave
That persons from Russia. It’s mentally blinded people like them who can only say cyka blyat that makes it so this game will never be a polish

You should write down long post about you hatred to russians now 🤣

For the AI, there should be a difficulty changer. In DOI and INS, there's a vote option to change the bot difficulty and it was useful when we were getting slaughtered every round.

@Sulfur said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

@Grave said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

6d37bc42-5d4f-4878-9b98-250348b95a4d-image.png

ahaha, man you like a crying baby, grow up a bit 😂

@burntf1ames said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

@Grave

You should write down long post about you hatred to russians now 🤣

fucking retard

@Sulfur You are a prime example of someone who gives 0 shits and has no clue what you are talking about, and you have no right to talk down to a player who has been playing since alpha. I didn't play the game until 4 months after release. I didn't give any opinions until I had almost 150hrs. Even that many hours isn't enough to give critical and constructive feedback. I now have 750+hrs and I think I can give pretty good feedback. But it's people like you who are stroking NWI's penis saying how wonderful their game is and who cloud the forums with bs suggestions and weird ass feedback that making the game toxic.

@CatNipples said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

you have no right to talk down to a player who has been playing since alpha

the best part 🤣 🤣 🤣 I didn't knew you are comedian

@Sulfur said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

I played this game 5 times longer then you and I should say the game is amazing, bugs are really rare or not critical, gameplay issues not so critical too, and I excited about all new stuff devs will give us soon: night maps, Sinjar, Ambush mod, Modding tool etc.

I see you dissapointed, as I was at 40 hours. Then I set graphics settings on minimal to fix FPS, played with bots few hours to understand shooting mechanics, and then I really changed my mind about game from 'terrible' to 'awesome'.

Wish you will understang it too bro.

@Sulfur Explain yourself. Why are the bugs and gameplay not critical?

@Sulfur look man, if you are just here to fuck people around, leave. Because if so, apart from you, we actually have backing and accountability to our criticism.

@CatNipples said in Insurgency Sandstorm’s list of Problems: NWI plz fix:

@Sulfur Explain yourself. Why are the bugs and gameplay not critical?

Well, because I playing everyday and I don't see critical bugs or critical gameplay issues?
Every problem this kids mentioned is so insignificant or rare that nobody gives a shit about it.
It would be good it there are no bugs and all, but the game is really good already as it is, so I prefer new content described in roadmap then just minor map design fixes etc.

@Sulfur what do you think about the AI section of his post?

@CatNipples I missed part about AI, because I never playing with bots, so I'll no argue about that https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/40640/for-gods-sake-developers-please-put-more-attention-to-a-i-coding-frustrating-gameplay-in-coop/2

And next points in that section like "the flashbang should be available to everyone" or "The G3 has almost no recoil" is absolutely insignificant imo.
I playing with G3 and G36, with or without foregrip, many people take M16 or M4, somebody take grenades and somebody don't, even if they have apportunity to take flashbang.
Everybody who I know and whom I played with is just fine with game as it is.
When devs gives us Ambush on night Sinjar you think this mad guy topicstarter will say "ah, fuck this, there are no flashbang for everyone so I will not play this shit"?
Well, maybe he will 😂 but not me for sure.
I think many people will return to the game to play new map and mode, not to play with flashbang.

@Sulfur

I read your 50 posts Sulfur, you don't experience many problems, just small ones like smoke barrage being not too good and some griefers.
Thats good for you.

So you put your graphics on minimum and you and everyone you know have no big problem with the game. Good for you.

If you have a pc with recommended system requirements or better, do you still think solution is to put every graphic setting on low? Of course you don't think so, you are not stupid. You understand that a game should be able to deliver on highest settings when hardware is ideal and that it helps the devs when they get bug reports so they can fix it.

Do you know the hardware and system settings used by everyone reporting bugs in graphics? No you don't, so you have no logical reason to speak for anyone else here when they report graphics bugs. Also yoy show in your posts you don't know what AP ammo meta was in Ins2, showing you dont have much knowledge about factors that dictates game mechanics, probably because you don't care so much, still you brand "no recoil" and other game mechanics bugs as insignificant because it is for you as a casual player.

OP @burntf1ames made a good thread here showing many issues I hope get fixed, and some subjective ones that vary by taste. @Sulfur pls stop flamebaiting with your annoying smilies and contribute when you have useful information.

Quote from Sulfur:
"I see you dissapointed, as I was at 40 hours. Then I set graphics settings on minimal to fix FPS, played with bots few hours to understand shooting mechanics, and then I really changed my mind about game from 'terrible' to 'awesome'."

last edited by Pacalis

Such mistakes must attract the attention of the developers.

Or do not they play their own game?

The weapon is not in the inventory after death.

Sometimes you get XP on an XP server, not once.

Players are slipping over the map.

AI runs into a corner and stays there.

And much more...

It is version 1.3, not o.x Alpha / Beta ...

alt text