Reloading by itself

Sometimes right after i switch to a weapon, the character begins to reload it
even though its full. Not exactly sure what causes it but it has almost gotten
me killed many times.

Possible cause: reloading the weapon that was being changed away from.

There is a queue system in place that will finish your reload if you initiate it then quickly switch to a different weapon. Is that perhaps what you are experiencing ?

@Arc That might be the case, but it's frustrating.
Explanation: You defend, you shoot a lot of lead into enemies, but they keep coming, so you decide to reload your rifle. But then Mr. "I heared your reload" appears out of nowhere and you suddenly realise, you really like your life. And then you switch to pistol. Only to see this bot grin like a Cheshire cat, because you now reload your last chance to survice, your pistol. He kicks your teeth in and puts a bullet in your skull, laughing. You bite into your keyboard.

Or short:

• you reload your weapon
  • bot appears
  • you try to switch to pistol to save yourself
  • you reload your pistol instead
  • you die

I had this a lot lately. Can't you kill the queue, if you switch weapons, please? Doesn't make sense.

@Arc No, this happens on full mags, the character is reloading a basicly full weapon without input from me to do so.

@Viheraho said in Reloading by itself:

No, this happens on full mags, the character is reloading a basicly full weapon without input from me to do so.

Bear in mind that the ready animation will chamber a round from your full mag which means you now are able to reload as there is one less bullet in your magazine.

@Arc Yea but i dont want the guy to start reloading when i pull out a rifle and peek.

last edited by Viheraho