Endless firing weapons not fixed

I had this today, teammates had this today. It's still a bug, even after the last patch.

Fix is still:

• go into settings
  • audio
  • put in another value to master volume (any value)
  • resume to your game
  • endless firing stops

Hey @tacplay,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention again. I'll pass it on to the team.

Could you please share more info about this issue ?

For example, is it a bot or a player ?
Have you had a chance to identify the weapon that does this ?
Does it happen if a player is timing out from the server ?
etc.

@Arc I will try to record it, if it occurs.

Strange thing is, sometimes it appears and then the whole match you will hear a lot of those weapons firing endlessly, sometimes whole matches it won't appear at all.

Another sound bug is, when I end Sandstorm and I have Discord open, the sounddevice is buzzing up until the point it is used by another source (e.g. youtube, radio etc.), then it disappears.

Will report back, if I have recorded a vid.

For now to your questions:

• I think it's a killed bot - if he fires the weapon at the moment he dies, the weaponsound continues
  • no, atm I have no clue which specific weapon it was
  • no, not that I'm aware of, it occurs inmidst the game, mostly fresh from the start and gets worse over the duration of the match up until to the point where you hear more than one weapon firing endlessly

@tacplay said in Endless firing weapons not fixed:

Another sound bug is, when I end Sandstorm and I have Discord open, the sounddevice is buzzing up until the point it is used by another source (e.g. youtube, radio etc.), then it disappears.

These issues happen only if your sound settings, drivers, etc. are not working as they should so you might want to check on that.

@Arc This happens to me alot, In PvP and PvE sometimes it happens when my ping spikes or when a player gets killed when they were firing their weapon thus instantly looping the sounds for a few minutes

Ok, one of our guys had this today:

• it was a bot, dying in front of him while shooting the PKM
  • no player was timing out or had network issues, max. ping was 64
  • 20 sec. after that, he had it again, we're not sure about the weapon, was a bot again

@tacplay Thank you for the info !