ADS overhaul.

aiming down sights feels a little downgraded from Source, in the older game there was some sort of an animation, and that small thing made it look better than what is currently in Sandstorm, just a smooth transition.

In the old game magnificated optics in CQC were useless, now you can go with 2x and not get killed most of the time. Aiming with magnified optics should take more time, as it was in the old game.

ADS should be slower, and the speed difference should not depend on the loadout weight, but on the firearm's weight, using unmagnified optics would speed ADS a little because you don't have to allign two pieces with each other, just the reticle with the enemy.

ADS free aim would be a good option, and making it toggleable would be neccesary, some people just don't like it and we can't do anything about it.

Open to discussions.

Good idea for free aim ADS, it was like this in UT99 Infiltration mod.

It makes ironsight aiming more natural, you can even have a kind of low ready stance where you ADS then lower the gun to see above the sight (or rather, move the sight out of the center since it's freeaim).

The other aspect is that it doesn't make ADS predictable, right now if there an enemy in front of you and you put him in the middle of the screen, when you ADS he'll be right under the reticle. This makes acquisition time very quick and you can cheese the system using a monitor crosshair.

p.s.: To keep things fair I wouldn't recommend to make it optional, but the ADS freeaim box should be much smaller than the non-ADS one.

last edited by Choucram

Well the point of making it toggleable was to not piss of people who don't like it, it was talked about earlier on Reddit and some people didn't want it in the game.

@kotkreskowy460 said in ADS overhaul.:

Well the point of making it toggleable was to not piss of people who don't like it, it was talked about earlier on Reddit and some people didn't want it in the game.

Sure, having it with an option would still be better than not at all. I would enable it anyway.

Hello all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll pass them on to the team!