Mudrunner, the future

I have Mudrunner and Spintires. Love using them both but Mudrunner lost some impetus once the included maps were done. I think it was a mistake not to have modded maps available in the Workshop from Day 1 or the possibility for people to add them. This game has the possibility to be HUGE with Mods from the public, that is if the Devs don't treat it as their baby and lock it down.

At the moment I am back to using the old Spintires only. Mudrunner has gone dead in the water for me. I'd much prefer to use it but progress seems really slow and I begin to wonder if this is by design ie the Dev wants it his way only and will not open it up. Anyway, I'll continue to use Spintires for now and see what the future brings.

Add your thoughts as you wish, please no out and out attacks on Mudrunner from digruntled Spintires owners. This is a Mudrunners forum, if you're not part of it then please leave, the content is not for you.

last edited by Rieder_Mudrunner

I agree, it lacks replayability. I actually have been thinking in a suggestion for that. Put truck spots in every map, something like 20 spots, then in every play you get different truck in each post, up to around 6-10, but randomly. Right now there are fixed spots and trucks are semi random. This should also include modded trucks.

Also, currently the trucks are generated with random quantities of fuel and damage but this doesnt help much since most of the time they will have enough to get to a garage. I would like that there were some spots, like the middle of a river, where a truck would spawn completely damaged, on its side, that you had to rescue. Other trucks, without nothing of fuel or/and completely damaged too across the map.

Lets say, for example, in a map, a randomization would be 8 trucks (from 6-10 possible), 3 of them totally damaged (some tipped over and in difficult spots like a river), and 2 of them without fuel.

last edited by Araxp

I agree with you all after you beat the maps and play online with people for a week the game just gets boring. Needs new maps and vehicles, and a game mode that not objective where you can just drive around and mud bog and hill climb without having to unlock garages. A map with mud pits , hill climbs, or even offroad racing in mp would help this game drastically. Also vehicles like lifted trucks, rock bouncer buggies, monster trucks would be awesome. Im actually thinking about trading the game in for COD WW2, just the lack of response or definetive answers from the creators of the game on DLC or mods for console are driving people away. I know the game hasnt been out long, not even a month yet. But already people are losing interest and going to other games because the playability is so low and game play gets boring driving the same slow under powered russian vehicles. If people are already turning away just 3 weeks after release this game is going to be completely dead on console within 2 months, unless we get a definitive answer on dlc or mods.

Truth being spoken, the only thing I haven't done yet is finished last map, deluge, with one star. And all than not really spending more than 50 hrs... The game lacks challenges... that would keep most of the players to it. I know that you can invent them on your own, but that's not the same.

I hope a long time we have to wait for an update means that this update will be really big. Now, when we can nominate games for Steam Awards, it would be worth if the mudrunner creators gave us a reason to nominate their game.

last edited by knight25

@mistahk76 I did with 36 h 😃

Ironically, it took me the longest, 4 hours, because I tipped the 535 trailer in the middle of the river because I had too much trust in him and tried to cross in a not very good spot (straight line from log kiosk to garage, i always try the straight line XD).

I made a post about how I crossed with the 469. Put in in the river then shutdown the engine and the river carries you to the next island. An user replied with a route he followed that seemed to work without doing this.

@rieder_mudrunner

At the moment I am back to using the old Spintires only. Mudrunner has gone dead in the water for me. I'd much prefer to use it but progress seems really slow and I begin to wonder if this is by design ie the Dev wants it his way only and will not open it up. Anyway, I'll continue to use Spintires for now and see what the future brings.

So, now even PC users of Spintires Mudrunner are starting complaining about the lack of mods/new gameplay and are returning to the old Spintires version - to be honest: that's seems like a bad sign....

That said, console players don't even have mods to look out for, so I guess most of the console players are going to loose interest in the game after a while...

Hi all!

We understand the frustration at not having maps available in the Workshop from day one, but it is something that we're working on right at this moment.

For now, you're totally able to add mods from outside the workshop to MudRunner, and map modding tools are available for you to use, in the same manner as the original game.

We are also, of course, hard at work at implementing new content in MudRunner for you all, and are looking forward to unveiling what will be in this next update in the near future.

Thanks, and let me know if there's anything else you'd like us to answer!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@iyagovos

Thanks, and let me know if there's anything else you'd like us to answer!

I'd like to know if tire tracks can be supported? I made a set for my mod and it worked fine until I published the mod, it got renamed and is useless now.
Can be this fixed, please?

how is going back to spintires going to solve things? it doesn't have maps in workshop either. stupid.

@tattoo I've passed that on to the dev team, I can't make any promises, but it's something we're looking in to now.

@clarionhorn Please talk respectfully to other members of the forum. No need to call somebody stupid here.

@iyagovos, Thanks. I'm sure others would want this as well.

@iyagovos Please bring back wheel sets option ,even if only matters in aesthetics.

Also in Spintires we could add another color/body of a truck as an addon :
alt text

And now if a modder wants to add more color/wheels options , it looks like this :
alt text

not very practical...

last edited by A Former User

@iyagovos

We are also, of course, hard at work at implementing new content in Spintires: MudRunner for you all, and are looking forward to unveiling what will be in this next update in the near future.

Iyagovos, Is this 'new content' in the so called next update also available for console users, or only for PC ?

@iyagovos If you look at the negative comments about the game, many players are angry because what they liked in the old game was cutted from Mudrunner such as ability to change tires and wheels and, some even report that the mud seems to be less advanced and varied compared to SpinTires (why did the creators do that, I can not understand it myself). In addition, what annoyed everyone, the camera, for unexplained reasons was not fixed for the day of premiere + useful camera on the roof was removed and the new cockpit view is.... well, its simply ugly.
My advice for Developers is: as far as possible add to the game what most players want, and never remove (only improve!!!!) what they like. Regards 🙂

@rhs said in Mudrunner, the future:

@iyagovos

We are also, of course, hard at work at implementing new content in Spintires: MudRunner for you all, and are looking forward to unveiling what will be in this next update in the near future.

Iyagovos, Is this 'new content' in the so called next update also available for console users, or only for PC ?

All platforms will be updated the same way.

@knight25 said in Mudrunner, the future:

@iyagovos If you look at the negative comments about the game, many players are angry because what they liked in the old game was cutted from Mudrunner such as ability to change tires and wheels and, some even report that the mud seems to be less advanced and varied compared to SpinTires (why did the creators do that, I can not understand it myself). In addition, what annoyed everyone, the camera, for unexplained reasons was not fixed for the day of premiere + useful camera on the roof was removed and the new cockpit view is.... well, its simply ugly.
My advice for Developers is: as far as possible add to the game what most players want, and never remove (only improve!!!!) what they like. Regards 🙂

Community feedback, including Steam reviews, are the grass-roots of MudRunner's future updates. We have a new camera mode planned for the next update which should satisfy most players who don't like the current camera.

Concerning the mud physics, you'll find more details about it in Pavel's devblog, but it's definitely more refined than in the original game.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

I read that the addition of Maps to the Workshop was to be a priority. With this in mind I hope the first major update does not bypass it and it slowly becomes another "over the next hill" addition that never happens. Personally I don't think at least one of the Devs wants them to appear in the Workshop.

This addition alone would signal a big challenge to the nay sayers in the old Spintires. At the same time I think modders waiting in the wings would see it as a signal to start working on Mudrunner Mods. Look at ETS2 and how that has thrived over the years, still releasing DLC's and Mod Makers adding to the many contributions but the core program remaining under control by the same Devs who created it and still expand on it. The users either adopting the mods or just the base game.