how many romances

I hear there 4 romances is that true or is it just 2. it will be disappointing if there only 2, and if Kurt the only male option I will have to be nice to his side, I don't want to cause I'm all for the natives.

last edited by sabin77

@sabin77 said in how many romances:

I hear there 4 romances is that true or is it just 2. it will be disappointing if there only 2, and if Kurt the only male option I will have to be nice to his side, I don't want to cause I'm all for the natives.

I don't believe we know how many there are. I believe Spiders' previous titles have had 4 each? I cannot imagine with Greedfall that they would do less than that. I would guess two are bi, and two are straight - just a guess. I thought I saw somewhere that they were not going to do all bi romance route.

Kurt is Coin Guard, and I don't think they are necessarily against the native population. So long as they are paid, perhaps? He has been your family's loyal Master of Arms for years, and values honour (according to his character bio) - perhaps that will make him listen to you and your leadership. We'll see.

I believe they said we would have 5 companions but not all of them are romanceable so the prevailing theory was 4. Who knows at this point.

Yesterday Greedfall twitter account just confirm that "some" of companion can be romance. So 4 option is the most number player can have.

2 female already confirm by trailer PLUS 1 male companion confirm from CEO's interview. So 3 is now confirm.

I hope they reveal male companion that we can romance with next trailer.

last edited by Ben Kenobi

@Ben-Kenobi said in how many romances:

Yesterday Greedfall twitter account just confirm that "some" of companion can be romance. So 4 option is the most number player can have.

2 female already confirm by trailer PLUS 1 male companion confirm from CEO's interview. So 3 is now confirm.

I hope they reveal male companion that we can romance with next trailer.

Technomancer had 2 female and 1 male so unless they are sticking with that I'd imagine its 2 each.

Only way for all Straight male/female/Gay/Lesbian to have 2 option is all of LI have to be bi and include 2 female+2 male.

But if "not all of option is bi" still be a thing, that mean some sexuality will only have one option. Straight male already have nothing to worry.

Straight female , Gay and Lesbian still have to wait and see.

Despite that, I really hope Spider will surpass Bioware by let STARTING COMPANION to be bisexual or gay/lesbian.

I'm a gay guy , I hope, there are two gay male romance options.

last edited by sabin77

@sabin77 I feel you Bro. I want them too especially Kurt.

Yea hope you guys get some good news soon, pretty happy about Siora.

Maybe some important npc can be romanced ? as in DAI (Josephine or Cullen).

@julsouri said in how many romances:

Maybe some important npc can be romanced ? as in DAI (Josephine or Cullen).

I'm hoping for this too.

As much as I love running around with a romanced companion, it's also nice to have a romance with someone whose duties don't revolve yours. Josephine and Cullen were just as important as the Inquisitor in running the Inquistion and got stuff done without their input.

Confirmation that Male De Sardet can romance 2 female companions or 1 male companion. Same can be said for Lady De Sardet.

https://twitter.com/JehanneRousseau/status/1151800162093850624
https://twitter.com/JehanneRousseau/status/1151802712423632896

Honestly this whole situation sucks mostly because it could have been easily avoided in so many different ways 😕

We all assumed it would be four but it looks like they went the technomancer route.

So if Male de Sardet can only romance 1 Male companion, and it isn't Kurt, then it's either Vasco or Petrus. And since Petrus is a creepy old guy, I suspect it will be Captain Vasco.

So the romances will be Siora, Yesora, Kurt and Vasco?

@Fortune86 that's my guess. Petrus just doesn't look romance-worthy to me.

Well I'm grateful for at least one gay option (sigh) and I understand Spiders are small studio with only 35 people, so we should have kept our expectations low, it's like The Technomancer, but in Greedfal we can play as female and she also will have two straight options plus one lesbian. At least I hope male gay option will be interesting and full of content.

@Fortune86 said in how many romances:

So the romances will be Siora, Yesora, Kurt and Vasco?

I'd put money on that.

@Agrotank Keeping expectations low for even a large studio is the best bet, especially recently.