What black mark on the cheek really mean?

alt text

I am not sure if Spider even confirm that is mean De Sardet have disease on his/her body too.

hqdefault2.jpg
Then we have this guy on story trailer who have this mark too.

hqdefault.jpg
And now on cover of webseries ep01, Siora have that mark too!!! (thank @Red-Leader to bring this up)

Is mean Native can be sick by Malichor too? Maybe it can happen if they contact with person who have it long enough. And colonial just misunderstanding that native are immune?

Or maybe Siora and that guy is not pure native???

Maybe Siora will get the malichor from De Sardet if they intimate?! Maybe that include all of character that De Sardet can romance with? This can be interesting twist.

So far we have seen the disease in its early stage? with De Sardet and various other characters and advanced stage? with your mother. The pile of the corpses in one of the trailers from the old world would indicate it is rather easy to transmit so I wonder if they are going the route of the natives caught it by accident initially and maybe their connection with nature will eventually cure it? Also is it possible for a non native to gain that same connection? I know you can't use native magic but that doesn't mean in universe its the same. Is it September yet?

edit It is also very probable they scrapped the natives being immune for story reasons if that turns out to be the case.

Oh also an obvious point no one has brought up to my knowledge. How will being sick affect the game? Is it going to progress as we go through the story? Will your actions end up causing the disease to kill you?

last edited by Red Leader

Maybe one of the reasons the anti-outsider Native factions have for hating them is because they spread the disease to their people?

@Fortune86 That is exactly what I was thinking. Which brings up the question of if we are getting a smallpox blanket situation where a faction(s) will try to wipe out the natives with the disease.

last edited by Red Leader

@Red-Leader said in What black mark on the cheek really mean?:

@Fortune86 That is exactly what I was thinking. Which brings up the question of if we are getting a smallpox blanket situation where a faction(s) will try to wipe out the natives with the disease.

I can see some of the Natives trying to keep isolated and acting aggressively towards anyone with the disease.

Hmm. I wonder if the PC could actually infect people? If it's contagious that wouldn't be impossible. Plus I think it would be more interesting to have a villain hate the PC for a personal reason rather than just lump them in with a group of people they don't like.

I'm confused. Wasen't the natives being immune the whole point for being on the island?

@Silaf It appears they changed their mind about that. It is probably one reason why they delayed the game.

It could still be that the way to cure the disease is on the island. In fact it had better be, or no one is getting a happy ending.

@Red-Leader But "go to island to find the cure" still be main thing of Greedfall. Guess we have to wait and see what really happen.

@Ben-Kenobi Oh the cure will absolutely be here and I still suspect the nature magic will play a huge role in it. It just seems the natives won't be immune which adds a lot of urgency to the story depending on how you want to play it.

@Fortune86 I suspect if you don't help the natives you will take the cure by force and will get a pretty depressing ending.

@Red-Leader said in What black mark on the cheek really mean?:

@Fortune86 I suspect if you don't help the natives you will take the cure by force and will get a pretty depressing ending.

I hope the cure doesn't have much to do with the Natives but is something neutral to all parties (though perhaps can be lost if you are a total dickbag to everyone and therefore get the worst ending).

Or you just abandon mainland and gain power to yourselves.

@Fortune86 I am still sticking with it's tied to the nature magic which is tied to the natives. They are gonna have a big role in the cure one way or another.

I just had another thought. What if in order to cure Old Serene you have the drain the land of it's magic? I've been thinking about the title Greedfall and that would fit for one ending at least.

I'm hoping that's a 'bad ending' scenario.

@Fortune86 Yes that is my thought as well. I really hope they go all out with the bad of ending. I want you to feel guilty about what you did.

They really change story! (or this is one of possibility)

page.jpg

Interesting... I hope it's not because De Sardet infected her. But, that is a possibility I suppose.

I'd guessing that Siora was infected by someone other that the PC. It looks as though she is at the same level of infection as De Sardet, so she may have caught the disease at roughly the same time they did.

That said, I wonder if we will see different stages of the disease? Is someone who has it really bad and/or is close to death going to be covered in those marks?