About Factions

How do they affect gameplay? Will there be any faction specific skills/spells?

This is exactly what i need to know. I want to play a magic oriented character and i need to know if the faction choice will influence my wizard growth.
I hope i will not have to discover midgame i made the wrong choices and new i don't have any access to natives/thélème skills.

They already stated you won't have any native magic abilities.

@Red-Leader said in About Factions:

They already stated you won't have any native magic abilities.

Yes, i've found the answer in the treads. Faction choice will not influence the main character skills. Main character will have access to all npc moves except for the natives.

Faction will impact how NPC treat you. How you treat his/her faction and what companion PC have when interact with him/her. That also affect to our companion too.

If I remember correctly.
One of article said when PC make a conversation with NPC from Theleme with Siora on our group, diplomat option is become unavailable.

This is interesting, so Siora is good when interacting with natives and wildlife but will make both Theleme and bridge more ostile.

The wisest course of action is probably to switch companions in all circumstances.

It causes me to wonder if there is a rock-paper-scissor dynamic between the factions and the companions.

Since each companion belongs to a different faction, it's likely that bringing them along to talk with NPCs from the same faction will allow more positive options.

This new information indicates that some factions are more hostile to each other than others. And to bring the companion of a hostile faction to a meeting will remove positive options. Perhaps it will unlock violent or coercive options as well.

last edited by Eagle Pursuit

@Eagle-Pursuit Violent playthrough is coming.

What'd I'd like to know is if Faction affinity is affected regardless of if the relevant party member is in the party. If I do a minor quest/make a positive dialogue selection for Theleme without Siora around, will I still lose points if she's not there to witness it?

@Silaf That's no fun, I'm going to antagonize everyone anti native. Will make for a violent playthrough I'm sure. Gonna lose some party members.

@Red-Leader said in About Factions:

@Silaf That's no fun, I'm going to antagonize everyone anti native. Will make for a violent playthrough I'm sure. Gonna lose some party members.

If there is a romance trophy for every character or trophies for certain factions coming out on top at the end then I'll probably have different playthroughs.

We still don't know if Theleme and Bridge factions will antagonize each other or not. And if merchant, navigators and mercenary factions are a part of the sides we will have to choose.