BUG: Security player repeatedly spawns with Insurgent uniform, keeps getting TK'd

I saw it twice while I was recording. It's the same player in each instance and I'm sure this was a frustrating match for him. Several of us reacted to the uniform and shot him at least twice coming out of spawn (we were playing against a team that often flanks behind spawn, so we were watching spawn for bad guys).

This happened after downloading the July 25th update but before the smaller, July 26 update.

Youtube Video

last edited by skillet

Here's another one, though this one is obviously recorded from the History playback. Still, it explains why I thought I cleared the room (Alpha on Summit: Push Insurgents) and immediately got shot in the back. When I watched the replay I thought, "Funny--I don't remember getting TK'd." As you can see, it's not a TK.

This was the match immediately following the match from the previous post, so after the larger July 25th update but before the smaller update that I downloaded this morning (July 26).

Youtube Video

Hey @skillet,

Thanks for these vidoes.
Did this happen after a map change? Did this happen after a Team Swap?

Thanks!

last edited by chaton

@chaton Here's some more information:

• None of these followed a map change (by that I mean that all instances were in the middle of a match).

• The first instance in the first video was as Security pushed Charlie on Crossing, so not immediately after a Team Swap.

• The other two instances happened as the attacker pushed Alpha (Crossing, then Summit), but neither of these two instances happened on the initial spawn (I think--I can't be sure how many times the player who shot me in the Summit instance spawned).

• In all three cases, the wrong uniform was on a character on the attacking team.

last edited by skillet

@skillet said in BUG: Security player repeatedly spawns with Insurgent uniform, keeps getting TK'd:

None of these followed a map change (by that I mean that all instances were in the middle of a match).

The first instance in the first video was as Security pushed Charlie on Crossing, so not immediately after a Team Swap.

The other two instances happened as the attacker pushed Alpha (Crossing, then Summit), but neither of these two instances happened on the initial spawn (I think--I can't be sure how many times the player who shot me in the Summit instance spawned).

In all three cases, the wrong uniform was on a character on the attacking team.

Thanks for the details! It's been passed on to our QA team!

@chaton, According to one of the later responses in this Reddit thread, it's possible to consistently repeat this bug by selecting certain cosmetic items or combinations. Apparently, some players are doing it on purpose as an exploit.