[SUGGESTION] A map with a civil population!

It would be a new experience to combat in map where there are civil people and if a civil is killed, the team responsible would loss points and could lose the game if too many civil is killed.
This could add a new level of challenge and its ease to implement I think!

I like the idea very much but i see a few difficulties coming with the implementation of civilians in COOP games.

At the moment the bots reaction time to open fire on human players is decreasing to just a few miliseconds, the higher your rank gets in the game.
To be able to stay alive in ranks higher than 100, the players have to fire as fast as possible on appearing characters.

There is literally no time left to identify your target.
That is the reason why many higher ranked players very often open fire on teammates who suddenly come around corners or flank the mission objective without telling that they are approaching the combat scene. In such a situation you just shoot as fast as you can on any moving character in your angle of sight to reduce the risk to get shot by "super A.I. instakillers"

That incredible short reaction time phenomenon has been reported by many many high ranked players.
That is the reason why many of them start a new character ( deinstallling and reinstalling the game ) because it is no more fun playing against almost unbeatable bots.

Now when you try to integrate civilians ( just like in Ghost Recon Wildlands ) you have to take in consideration that those will be killed very very often because of the nervous trigger fingers of players.
So a punishment system for the team on killing civilians will just raise the frustration level.
If you don´t punish civilian kills there will be players killing each and everyone on the scene which i wouldn´t like to see.

And if you integrate a punishment just like in Grand theft Auto, where your ( internal ) threat level rises with each civilian kill causing the bots to hunt you down, the rest of the team will not be attacked as before which would also raise the level of frustration too.

So may be the integration of civilians only could work proper in Player versus Player modes ( at the moment ).
For COOP games the reaction times of bots has to be changed significantly to longer times !

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

I was thinking about PVP. The bots would be just civilians. The idea is too add complications to the operations.

There could be different missions, instead of destroying the final cache in Push gameplay for example, the final objective could be rescue some civilians kidnapped by terrorists, and bring them back to base.

last edited by Shadoware

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING said in [SUGGESTION] A map with a civil population!:

At the moment the bots reaction time to open fire on human players is decreasing to just a few miliseconds, the higher your rank gets in the game.
To be able to stay alive in ranks higher than 100, the players have to fire as fast as possible on appearing characters.
There is literally no time left to identify your target... That incredible short reaction time phenomenon has been reported by many many high ranked players.
That is the reason why many of them start a new character ( deinstallling and reinstalling the game ) because it is no more fun playing against almost unbeatable bots.

This shouldn't work though, right? I'd love to know how to reset my character to test this out. Ideally, though, I'd like to save my current rank.

Hey all,

This is an interesting discussion. I'll share your suggestions with the devs!