Character First Name...

Can we change the first name of our character?

@Silaf If De Sardet is our last name, I think we can create first name as we wish.

@Ben-Kenobi said in Character First Name...:

@Silaf If De Sardet is our last name, I think we can create first name as we wish.

I hope too. Finding a good name is not easy though.

@Silaf I usually use name that seem fit to language of our character. But NPC can't say our first name so...

Time to research some istorical names...

@Ben-Kenobi Anyone else just use their first name? I do that regardless of historical setting lol.

If we can, I have a set list of names I use for characters. I also sometimes use my first name, and in this case it works just fine as my first name is French!

@tudorhousewife My first name is Thai-Asian so it's not that fit to Greedfall but maybe I will use it in 2 playthrough. Normally I use my nick name in English when come to Western game.

Some normal french names probably will fit the best.

The character name I intend to use is Jean-Paul. It's been a favorite of mine for a while. I wanted to name my son John-Paul, but my wife wasn't receptive to the idea. I also like Gaspard and Piers. I will probably use them for later playthroughs.

When I do an evil run I might just be totally unoriginal and go with Gaston.

I don't know if this may help or not in searching for a fitting name but the "de Sardet" family name really existed in french history.

My favorite name will be...
Schtolteheim Reinbach III of course.

Greedfall Twitter confirmed we do not name our character. I admit to being disappointed by this. At the very least, names make keeping save files easier when doing multiple play throughs. 😞 Well, I think I will still name my character even if that isn't noted anywhere in the actual game.

@CloudMcRip said in Character First Name...:

I must be looking at the wrong bits, but where does it say this?

@tudorhousewife said in Character First Name...:

Greedfall Twitter confirmed we do not name our character. I admit to being disappointed by this. At the very least, names make keeping save files easier when doing multiple play throughs. 😞 Well, I think I will still name my character even if that isn't noted anywhere in the actual game.

Sad news. Strange though it would have been easy to implement the ability in the menu to display your name.

@Fortune86 said in Character First Name...:

You read it wrong...
The thread was about to name our character first name by ourselves before we got the awnser we don't have the opportunity to name our char by ourselves.

Well that's disappointing and rather strange.

@Fortune86 said in Character First Name...:

You read it wrong...
The thread was about to name our character first name by ourselves before we got the awnser we don't have the opportunity to name our char by ourselves.

I completely derped here. I quoted the wrong post and didn't notice.

Ah so no naming of character. Doesn't bother me too much.