I would like to address spawn camping in PVE

It mostly happens with the final checkpoints since the bots mostly come from a bottlenecked dead end. Like the bridge battle on crossing in the end. Could we start having the bots spawn in a 360 encompassment of the endpoint. It just kinda sucks for those of us that dont want to leave the point...play the point and prefer joint battles instead of a person sitting at the edge of the redzone FAL'ing them one shot at a time. I mean I get it the guns great and you are pushing them back single-handedly!! (not hating it is was funny) but I am seeing this happen a lot more. So my suggestion is to adjust the spawns so that we get hit from 3 places instead of one. Maybe add more places-and more often in between points too. I think they should come out of the woodwork more often with surprise ambushes from a random place.

SPAWN CAMPING IN PVE LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME LOOOOOOOOOOOL

+1 More randomness to bot spawn would make playing more interesting

@Max80 I wouldn't really say that this is an issue. If anything, that's actually how you're supposed to defend objectives.

For some reason, everyone thinks that the best way to hold an objective is just to have everyone on the point camping in corners, and that strategy can work for most modes, but a better strategy would be to watch the actual approaches to the objective and then eliminate the enemy before they can even get inside the point.

The "hide in a corner" strategy will 100% fail you on Frenzy. The moment a Bruiser walks through that door, you're fucked. For that matter, if you run dry while there are enemies in front of you, you're also fucked. That's why it's essential to pick off enemies while they're en-route to the objective to buy you some more time. Having a few guys outside the point that grab the bots' attention also isn't a bad idea, as it'll lead them away from the objective.

@Max80 said in I would like to address spawn camping in PVE:

So my suggestion is to adjust the spawns so that we get hit from 3 places instead of one.

This is actually how this works already. There are three different spawn points for the enemies to spawn from so they can attack you from different spots. For some reason, you can see the enemy spawn locations during counterattacks in Hardcore Checkpoint but not regular Checkpoint. However, some maps were just horribly designed objective-wise, so on maps like Crossing you can pretty much just pick off everyone before they're remotely close to the objective.

Considering this only happens to that effect pretty much just on Hideout, this isn't really a major issue (also from experience I'm doubtfull only one FAL which doesn't even have a drum mag available would be able to handle that, they have A LOT that spawn on that round I've tried this and if you don't have at least 3-4 heads there you'll get overrun) plus the fact that this only occurs on the final objective (which can be hard enough to reach as it is) really don't see this as an issue.

last edited by Bronbin

@Bronbin said in I would like to address spawn camping in PVE:

Considering this only happens to that effect pretty much just on Hideout, this isn't really a major issue (also from experience I'm doubtfull only one FAL which doesn't even have a drum mag available would be able to handle that, they have A LOT that spawn on that round I've tried this and if you don't have at least 3-4 heads there you'll get overrun) plus the fact that this only occurs on the final objective (which can be hard enough to reach as it is) really don't see this as an issue.

If you tap-fire a FAL /w extended mags, you can get up to 15 guaranteed kills, which I think is the maximum amount of enemies during a counterattack. I also highly doubt that an entire wave will all go one direction. An SVD could also get 15 kills with the added benefit that it's a guaranteed one-shot kill.

This ability to just pick off enemies coming from spawn happens more often than you might think. Crossing is a pretty bad offender on the last objective, but I'd say that this is doable on most counterattacks.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax Just to be clear are you talking about normal PVE now or Frenzy? As with Frenzy this isn't the case with bruisers who soak a ton of shots along with the teleports and flamers who also have more armour.

last edited by Bronbin

@Bronbin said in I would like to address spawn camping in PVE:

@MarksmanMax Just to be clear are you talking about normal PVE now or Frenzy? As with Frenzy this isn't the case with bruisers who soak a ton of shots along with the teleports and flamers who also have more armour.

Well, I'm talking about both gamemodes. It's definitely possible to pick off Frenzy enemies running to the point during counterattacks, and I'd actually recommend doing that as that'll buy you more time. Killing Jumpers and Flamers prevents a lot of suffering later.

Typically, if I'm shooting down a lane of bots in Frenzy at long range, I'll just ignore Bruisers. They aren't really a big threat by themselves, as long as several players engage them at once. The Bruisers combined with the regular enemies is what ends up overwhelming teams (plus other specials thrown in the mix) as players don't know who to shoot first and end up running out of ammo.