[Suggestion] Secondary QuickDraw improvement

I think it would be nice to have faster secondary draw in some situations. In 'emergency' situations if you go for secondary you would just drop the primary to hang on sling and quickly reach for pistol.

Here is my suggestion:

By double tapping key for secondary weapons you would perform fast draw that would be significantly faster than regular draw.
You need to have quick draw attachment on your handgun and it only works if you are standing (no crouch or prowl position).

Not saying it should be the fastest possible time which would be well under 1 second, but just above 1 second or whatever you feel is right... Basically removing the time needed to put down your rifle from current animation as it happens simultaneously with pistol drawing.

It would also give quick draw attachement more purpose. It could still perform the same way it does now, just with that bonus of standing fast draw.

last edited by N4thani3l

Yeah, in airsoft we place holster on chest to draw secondary gun faster.

For Insurgents
727ca095-4a2c-4e18-95fc-f23040a7dea4-image.png
d6bf4c5b-70d5-437e-9569-1ddb715b7e21-image.png

For Security
6e43b4e2-a9e3-4ea5-b19a-42fd18caa73d-image.png
f0105fcd-a62e-4833-a9bf-b164a07a8a2b-image.png

last edited by Sulfur

Why suggest double tap?
If double tap draw has no drawback, the regular one will become useless.
Just make the draw faster when quick draw holster is equipped.

(also all draw times would need to be adjusted, as double tap detection in it itself adds a small delay)

last edited by Choucram

@Choucram double tap will be consistent with fast reload .. puts little bit of "effort" for you to perform more difficult task, it is something added to standard reload, it should interfere with normal controls, you also need to be in standing position and have quick draw attachment to be able to use it .. so if it is single tap you could run into situations where it doesnt work cause you are not standing or you dont have attachment.

But I dont really care how it is implemented .. I just like to see it in game and that is what came first on my mind ..

last edited by N4thani3l

@N4thani3l Fair enough, it's just small details

@N4thani3l said in [Suggestion] Secondary QuickDraw improvement:

In 'emergency' situations if you go for secondary you would just drop the primary to hang on sling and quickly reach for pistol.

Dropping a rifle to hang from it's sling is always how you transition to a pistol. I'm not sure what other methods of retaining the rifle you think would be in use. The procedure is pretty standardized, there aren't that many different ways to accomplish a weapon transition. It's not like doing a speed reload, there really aren't any shortcuts that can be done to make the transition any faster other than using a pistol holster with less retention.

@Sulfur said in [Suggestion] Secondary QuickDraw improvement:

Yeah, in airsoft we place holster on chest to draw secondary gun faster.

Chest holsters generally aren't any faster to draw from, in some cases they're slower. They can also be significantly more dangerous, as it's easy to muzzle flag yourself or someone standing next to you as you draw or re-holster. Chest mounted pistols became popular during the Iraq war for one reason: they're easier to draw from when you're seated in a vehicle. If you're not regularly fighting from a vehicle, there are no real advantages.

@MAA_Bunny I assume at this moment you are placing your rifle behind your back, which is the way you would do if you dont need to be super fast but you wanna use pistol with your front body clear .. sure speed difference is not than big between lowering you gun and drawing and swinging your gun behind your body while drawing, but there would be some difference and for game purposes it could help ..
I`m sure you can find plenty of videos demonstrating this two techniques ..

@N4thani3l said in [Suggestion] Secondary QuickDraw improvement:

@MAA_Bunny I assume at this moment you are placing your rifle behind your back, which is the way you would do if you dont need to be super fast but you wanna use pistol with your front body clear

Um, no. No one in the real world does a pistol transition by moving the rifle to the back. There's no way to do that effectively and quickly, especially when wearing a pack. The rifle is slung either on the chest or to the support side.

Hello all,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions with us here. I'll pass them on to the team!

@MAA_Bunny just search for some videos on how US army is training it .. they either lie on videos or you are wrong .. given other sources, I'd go with you are wrong ..

last edited by N4thani3l

@N4thani3l Link? A simple search in YouTube didn't find any videos of US Army doing pistol transitions by moving the rifle to the back. Your YouTube skills must be better than mine.

All I can say is that's not how I've been trained, not how I've seen anyone one else train, not how proven professionals train it, and - having done rifle and pistol transitions many times myself - it doesn't mechanically make much sense.

Moving the rifle to the back is how most computer games do it though. Which is bunk.