About The New Galil ARs...

They're trash. This isn't just me saying they're trash so I get to use them more often in-game. They are actual garbage.

If you are crazy enough to use these new weapons, here are some tips:

1. For the love of Allah, run a Compensator. 25 Horizontal Recoil isn't very friendly at all. A Foregrip can also be useful to counter the 30+ Vertical recoil.

2. Use it on semi-auto as much as possible. The large amount of Horiz. Recoil means that you can be off-target on your second shot, even when firing while crouched.

3. When firing, use Focus, crouch, or do both. That'll negate some of the ridiculous recoil this weapon has.

4. If you're playing Cooperative, just use the regular Galil and never touch the SAR. The standard Galil comes with a free bipod (which you're gonna need if you want to use full-auto past two meters) and also has more velocity and less recoil. The only advantage of the Galil SAR is that it weighs slightly less.

5. Never run the fucking Galil with a Drum Mag equipped. It might look cool and seem enticing because it can use a Drum Mag in PvP, but it suffers the same issue as the Uzi /w Drum Mags; it increases Horizontal Recoil. Now, this does not show up in the stats, but when your Galil has a base Horiz recoil of 25, the last fucking you need is more goddamn sideways kick.

6. Unless you plan to bipod a lot, I wouldn't recommend using any scope higher than 2x zoom. Hell, even 2x can feel like a chore.

So, why run a Galil or SAR over an LMG? Well, the simple answer is that you shouldn't. You're far better off with an M240B or even an M249, as they are only slightly harder to control and offer much higher DPS, with the 240B capable of one-shotting enemies. That being said, the Galil can be useful in Hardcore Checkpoint due to the slower movement speeds.

I expected the SAR to essentially function as an AR outfitted to be a budget LMG, but I didn't expect a 5.56x45mm AR to suddenly have the recoil of a PKM.

last edited by MarksmanMax

The SAR has no business being in the Gunner category. It's a carbine version of the Galil; nowhere in the world is it used as a LMG.

It's sort of like pushing the G36K or the FAL into the gunner class.

@cool_lad said in About The New Galil ARs...:

The SAR has no business being in the Gunner category. It's a carbine version of the Galil; nowhere in the world is it used as a LMG.

It's sort of like pushing the G36K or the FAL into the gunner class.

Well, the Support class in Insurgency Source did have access to a Galil/SAR and a battle rifle, if he didn't want to run an LMG. I'd be fine with having other weapons that behave more like Rifleman options for the Gunner class in Sandstorm.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Hey @MarksmanMax,

Thanks for the feedback. It'll be shared with the devs.