The way the mud functions at the mommment bothers me alot

It's obvious to me now that the way the mud behaves in this SpinTires bothers me. It's about the vehicle and the mud, that's the topic.

In reality when you drive through the mud you vehicle gets muddy and the mud stays on it until you wash it off or drive through water, only then it's clean. In MR it "fades away", that's what bothers me. If you wanted to drive for hours and refuse to wash your car you could use the wipers to clear away the mud from the window on the front and carry on. I am not sure why nobody has not mentioned this before yet.

I like mr mud since no other games not even close to its realism. Yes, it fades away too fast (in rl in many cases it also fades away partly).
But 100% realism?...well, i hope SR will make biiig step towards this goal!)

My main concern about MR mud, which I hope will be FIXED in SR:
BACK AND FORTH tactic is not WORKING at all!((
In rl 80% of stuck vehicles use this B&F moves to get free! In MR this tactic is USELESS((

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco said in The way the mud functions at the mommment bothers me alot:

I like mr mud since no other games not even close to its realism. Yes, it fades away too fast (in rl in many cases it also fades away partly).
But 100% realism?...well, i hope SR will make biiig step towards this goal!)

My main concern about MR mud, which I hope will be FIXED in SR:
BACK AND FORTH tactic is not WORKING at all!((
In rl 80% of stuck vehicles use this B&F moves to get free! In MR this tactic is USELESS((

I believe the technique is called rocking, like a rocking chair.

The idea is to not spin your tires at all, or little as possible. As you rock back and forth you'll slowly compact and harden the ground under your tires, allowing you to slowly get more and more momentum until your able to get free.

Works great in snow and shallow mud.

@justinlynch3
Yes.
And devs didnt even try to implement such obvious thing in ST and MR(

You guys can try my mud tweaks:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/39125/how-to-make-the-mud-more-realistic-pc-version

The mud traction may not be perfect, but it's a lot closer to reality with those tweaks. Momentum plays a bigger role since deep mud has less traction while shallow mud is easier to drive through compared to the stock game.

@Gabe_3-0 Regarding your concern with the fading mud, I wouldn't let it bother me so much. Sure it could be improved, but after all it is still a game and it's normal for games to clean up things or de-spawn objects after a while (to maintain performance). IRL mud chunks do fall off vehicles, though of course a vehicle won't get totally cleaned just by driving it.