Bolt Action Bolting / Shotgun Pumping still bugged from 1.2(?)

At one point, I could reliably pump my shotgun and bolt my mosin faster by clicking at the right time and it became muscle memory that has helped me when I needed it most. After the last (not 1.3) update however it broke and I believe I reported it. The thing that broke is that the animation sometimes doesnt play. Now for me, when im firing a lot of shots with my mosin at a very fast rate, I sort of rely on the bolt animation not playing as a "okay reload right now" but when the animation of bolting doesnt play, now im hitting reload when I dont have to and wasting time, the same thing with the shotgun.

Id love to see this fixed, download any autoclicker and you can see the bug yourself.

Bump, because it didnt get fixed last patch either.

@Ziggylata I'm not sure if this is broken or not, but something seems off with the M24 especially. The Mosin seems to work fine.

@MarksmanMax said in Bolt Action Bolting / Shotgun Pumping still bugged from 1.2(?):

@Ziggylata I'm not sure if this is broken or not, but something seems off with the M24 especially. The Mosin seems to work fine.

Its a consistant problem for me, I practiced fast-bolting with the mosin specifically so I can pump out shots in a hurry but now its actually backfiring.

@Ziggylata Yeah, it seems to work fine for me. I thought the M24 should've been bolting faster, but I'm too used to the Greased Bolt, I guess.

Hey @Ziggylata,

Thanks for pointing this out. Do you happen to have a clip regarding this? I'll pass it on to the team, so they can investigate.

@chaton said in Bolt Action Bolting / Shotgun Pumping still bugged from 1.2(?):

Hey @Ziggylata,

Thanks for pointing this out. Do you happen to have a clip regarding this? I'll pass it on to the team, so they can investigate.

https://youtu.be/wsKNEGfnqXw
It was going to just be a bug report but I had too much fun making it.

Hey @Ziggylata,

Thanks for the video showcasing this issue. I have to say that I LOVE the music. Will pass it on to the team.

Hey @Ziggylata,

Thanks for the video showcasing this issue. I have to say that I LOVE the music. Will pass it on to the team.

Just to clarify, this only happens when I try to bolt my weapon faster by pressing the mouse button at a very specific time. Sort of how you can slam fire by mashing the mouse button, but I do it without actually mashing so I dont shoot the second shot.

Thanks for the further details! I'll let them know!

Thanks for the further details! I'll let them know!

I also decided to really showcase the difference it makes. I synced up shots from an unmodified mosin, a grease bolt mosin both non-slammed and slam-fired.

If you cant tell at the end, slow it down to 0.25 speed to really easily see it.

Youtube Video

last edited by Ziggylata

Thanks for the second video. Yes, it clearly showcases the issue!

I wanted to add that there are more bugs to the pump and bolt action weapons in the game right now. Two most annoying are:

• Double shot
    Sometimes you can time your shots a little bit faster then your pump/bolt action animation is over and then with the follow up shot the animation and sound will play but no actual shot will be made and no rounds will be spent. 3 out of 5 annoyance points.

• Infinite reload animation
    You can easily reproduce it in the hardcore checkpoint map with the bolt action rifle equipped. Die with you trusty m24 in your hands and then respawn with the stripped one. Then go to your dead body and pick up the old m24 in all its glory. Try to reload it. The animation will play and will not stop until you click the left mouse button, but to actual ammo will be added to the magazine. Happens all the time with M24, Mosin and both shotguns. 4 out of 5 annoyance points.

@LSR Thanks for the further details! They will also be passed on to the team!

This post is deleted!

Is this bug even on the radar?