Thoughts on Surveys

If done correctly, a survey can be really useful. Asking the right questions is everything to getting an accurate result.

The surveys that NWI hands out to get feedback on the game feel really closed ended.

Having outcomes based on popular opinion for game updates is alright; but if the popular opinion is made up of uneducated individuals who have wild ideas on what the game should be, then it can be very damaging.

I get the NWI wants Sandstorm to be a unique FPS and a refresher for the market, but skipping out on fundamentals that make up any video game is just plane stupid.

Because of the massive gap in gameplay styles between COOP and PVP and the outright difference in direction the two communities want the game to go, it just does to add, remove and tweak mechanics that effect both gamemodes. And having surveys that are for both makes it even harder to determine what players want.

Who are these uneducated individuals? People that have only played for a few hours?

Heyo, We appreciate the feedback and your concern about surveys, but do keep in mind that they are to just get a sense of where the community is at, what they like and don't like. The devs still have a specific vision for the game, regardless of public opinion. These surveys are to get more familiar with the community and gauge how the community is feeling; it doesn't necessarily mean the most popular opinion is definitively going to change everything.

Cheers,

Dara

@DaraDef

No disrespect, you joined these forums four days ago. The 'vision' I bought into, over a year ago, was then, NWI's vision. What was delivered, was not what was sold. Now, four days later, you say we gonna do what we gonna do.
While it's true, you didn't take my money, it's also now true, you won't be taking any more of my time.

@DaraDef I completely and I am thankful for your response. 🙂

@DaraDef said in Thoughts on Surveys:

Heyo, We appreciate the feedback and your concern about surveys, but do keep in mind that they are to just get a sense of where the community is at, what they like and don't like. The devs still have a specific vision for the game, regardless of public opinion. These surveys are to get more familiar with the community and gauge how the community is feeling; it doesn't necessarily mean the most popular opinion is definitively going to change everything.

Cheers,

Dara

Thanks Dara and from those of us on console, we can't wait to see this game released on XB1 / PS4. Been following Sandstorm since it was announced that it would be released on console (was really sad when you folks had to cancel the campaign).

I have to tell you though.... You've got a lot of console fans who have been waiting for a game like this. Nothing has been close to it in a long time. I do really hope we will get the hardcore option though. .....can't wait.