Why is Greedfall switching to 1080p on my ps4 pro?

Everytime I start the game, it switches my TVs resolution from 4k to 1080p. Any fix for this?

Hello @Sempersyko 🙂
Sorry for this inconvenience. Would you mind sending us the brand (and if possible, the model as well) of your tv?
It would greatly help us if you also shared your PS4' settings (is it 4K? HDR?).
Have a great one!

My TV is a Sony xbr850e that is a 4k tv and it is working fine for all other content.

Sorry, ps4 pro is set to 4k hdr.

Hello @Sempersyko
Could you send a screenshot of the PS4 video output information screen ?
"Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Video Output Information"

It does seem weird that other content is fine in 4K HDR, while GreedFall launches in 1080p.

Hi, thanks for the screenshot! It does help!

I looked up some details on your tv set and found this : "Only HDMI inputs 2 and 3 support 4k @ 60Hz @ chroma 4:4:4 or 4:2:2, and only when 'HDMI Enhanced Format' is enabled."

Your PS4 has to be on one of these inputs to support 4K HDR with the HDMI option enabled. Could you check your configuration to see if the conditions are met?

Yes they are. Input 3 with enhanced on.

In fact, tried both inputs, just in case.

Ok, thanks for the answers.
I'll ask the devs about it, and get back to you once I have more info.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have more info: It seems to be caused by how the PS4 Pro handles signals for HDR and resolution in general. The console configures the output depending on the TV/input settings and launches the game in the configuration the console decides.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask Sony Support for more info.