Bug "Pest control"

In the mission "pest control" i'm required to kill 4 foxes. I've gog 3/4 but the last one near the rock passage (the one that require intuition 2) never respawn. Instead the one near the forest keep respawning but never count toward the mission progression since i've already killed it.

Hello Silaf ! πŸ™‚

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are currently investigating it.

May I ask, do you happen to remember in which order you killed the fox ? For the one near the rock passage, have you tried entering the area by the other side and not by the intuition passage ?

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Regards πŸ™‚

@Astor About the order: i first met the fox near the rock passage but it escaped. I tried entering the bridge camp and the passage from the other side to catch the fox from behind but it diden't appear on the other side. I killed the fox on the right of the bridge encampment, the one near the forest and last the one on the road for the natives camp.
The fox near the forest keep respawning but when i kill it again dosen't count for the quest.

Maybe it's easier if i send you my gamesave. Let me know if it can be useful.

Thanks for the reply and the game! I'm having a LOT of fun πŸ™‚

last edited by Silaf

Thank you for all the informations, we will continue the investigation ! πŸ™‚

Indeed, a save will be useful for us in order to track this issue, if you don't mind can you please send your save file with the fox issue on it to support@focus-home.com with the description of your issue in the mail ?

You should find the save here C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\GreedFall using your File Explorer. We recommend making a manual save (with this type of name: save_xx-xx-2019_09-53-26.fsav) and sending it instead of sending an autosave file.

Thank you for the help and your kind words, it means a lot to us πŸ™‚

Best regards !

@Astor Sent. Thankyou for the great assistence.

Hi, Just registered an account on here to report that I am suffering the same problem, except that for me the fox missing is the one west of the camp. Its also worth noting that the quest in my log has the blue 'new info' logo next to it but wont go away when i click the quest.

Other than that great game ! Reminds me of playing fable and risen. Thanks

I too am also experiencing this glitch. Looks to be a fox west of the camp isn't spawning no matter what.

I have the same problem too, but a different fox. from forest. My fox also ran away and no longer appears.

This is not a bug. There are 4 spawn locations for foxes, you have to kill each one, killing the same one twice does tot progress the quest

@lorgoth said in Bug "Pest control":

This is not a bug. There are 4 spawn locations for foxes, you have to kill each one, killing the same one twice does tot progress the quest

Belive me i know how the quest is supposed to be and where all the foxes are. The quest for me is bugged. You can still complete it if you are lucky and don't encounter the bug.

last edited by Silaf

![0_1568635881282_bugged.png](Uploading 100%)

Registered an account just to chime in that I'm experiencing the same bug. Killed 3 of the 4 foxes and missed one, but the 3 I killed respawn over and over again, but the 4th I missed never comes back.

Same here, apologize for kinda making this a thread now but I've actually looked up videos on youtube on the locations of where these foxes spawn. The one on the west side near "place of power" (witcher term) never seems to spawn no matter how many times I go and come back. The only one that keeps respawning for me is the one that comes out of the cave to the east and killing it again does not add to the account. Funny thing too about it is that all of the corpses of the foxes are still right where I killed them no matter how many game days pass by...

I've been experiencing the same issue, I don't remember ever encountering the fox near the skill altar, but nevertheless it is never there when I come back. It's really bothering me that I can't complete this mission. 😞

Hello,

We can confirm that there is indeed a rare occurence where one of the foxes won't respawn, and if you missed it the first time you cannot complete the mission.

The problem have been transfered to the developers is being investigated.

Those missions are however just secondary bonus content to help people who are behind in experience and gold, you can safely continue the game as it won't stop you from getting any of the quests, endings or achievements.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards.

I’m having the same issue. My fox near the skill alter has never been here. Looking forward to hearing news about the issue.

I’m loving this game. It’s amazing.

patch came out and still no resolution πŸ˜”

Replying to the thread, because the quest is also bugged in my game, not only I can't finish it (found 7 different foxes, no respawns) but when I killed a respawn the progression went from 3/4 to 2/4 and now I'm stuck at 3/4 no matter how many new foxes I kill

@Silaf Got the same bug, but its the fox south of the red tree, behind the rocks.
It was there when I first visited the site, but I lost it in the bushes against the cliff, left the area, came back later and its not respawning.
I believe the issue is linked to it escaping, if you don't get it first time it stays hidden.