A Name For A Family bug

Exactly same issue here, cannot progress with this quest, cannot change companion, cannot progress with other companions quests.

I cannot load save game as I'm a many hours into the game from the moment when this happened... this is the moment when exclamation mark is in harbor like explained in earlier post.

quite frustrated as this makes big story changes later

Hello there,

Thank you all for your feedbacks and your saves ! We’ve notified the developers of this issue. Meanwhile, we may have found a workaround:

1- Please try to reload a previous save with the quest not unlocked, talk to Vasco and don't postpone his quest.
2- If you don't have such a save or if it's too far from your progress, load a more recent save and accept his quest (even if it's already postponed) before going to the Port or to the city.
To summarize : don't go/teleport to the Port quarter or New Serene BEFORE accepting Vasco's quest 🙂

Keep us in touch,

Thanks and sorry once again !

Do you know more or less when this will be fixed by a patch? Both solutions are not helpful in my case... 😕

@liberte Sorry but for now I don't know 😕

We'll keep you in touch.

@Focus_Farah Hello, i have the same problem and , like liberte your 2 solutions doens't work for me. Reload a save is too far and with a recent save i can't accept again the mission. I changed city, come back again but nothing to the step of Perform a reconnaissance at the captain’s office... Help... 😕

Same has also happened to me but unfortunately I've been playing for quite sometime before I accepted his quest and have just accepted it. I went to the docks and it won't update from there, no options for anything. I've even checked out the whole building.

I'll try and upload a save file to the link posted earlier.

Thanks

Bonjour,

je rencontre le même problème qu'exposé plus haut, j'ai accepté la quête de Vasco lors d'un passage au campement en lui disant que nous la ferions plus tard. Depuis, j'ai beau me présenter devant la capitainerie à l'endroit indiqué , rien ne se déclenche ... les solutions proposées ne règlent pas mon problème. Je me retrouve bloqué car mes compagnons me proposent des quêtes que je ne peux réaliser disant que je suis déjà " trop occupé " et si j'avance dans l'histoire principale, je perds la possibilité de réaliser une des quêtes de Siora ...

J'espère que vous pourrez trouver une solution rapidement car c'est vraiment pénible ... 😕

i have the same error and the quest bug on scouting the office and i progress to far in the story and kurt now betray me because i can't do his quest.. u new serene how when i speak with him i didn't get option t say accept the quest again before go too accept it onlly how he become with nuts.... this all my save file help please

autosave2.fsav
autosave1.fsav
autosave3.fsav
default.profile64 save_13-09-2019_02-20-37.fsav save_14-09-2019_02-42-58.fsav save_14-09-2019_12-29-01.fsav

any one have the same problem and manage to solve it tell us please😟 😟 😟 😔 😔 😞

Проблема актуальна. Загружаю старое сохранение (благо оно есть), теряя 5 уровней и прогресс нескольких завершённых заданий. Надеюсь патчи помогут в будущем, а пока чаще сохраняйтесь, ребята.

Yep, I have the same exact bug. It just says scout the harbor and nothing happens. Also for "Missing in Action"- I did everything up to the point where it asks you to talk to Kurt. I talk to him at the camp with the exclamation point over his head, and he just immediately goes to "I can see you dont have the time for it..." without me being able to say anything. Very annoying I have TWO companions quests that are unable to be completed because of these bugs. I'm too far in the game now to go back....two game breaking quest bugs for these main side quests just sucks. I understand the occasional crash or maybe getting stuck in the environment, but this stuff just blows.

@Poliamida said in A Name For A Family bug:

I have another bug in this same quest: I follow all the steps to put the guards to sleep, I walk in without alerting anyone, but when I walk out and meet with Vasco again he reacts as if I had killed some of them and I lose a reputation point with him. I did kill a guard far earlier when I was exploring the place for another quest, but I think he wasn't with me at the time (I honestly don't remember).

I have the same issue. I killed some dudes before when Vasco was there and he said nothing about it, so I didn't save. I figured if he had an issue with it, that would be the time to bring it up, not days later. Also, they came back to life almost instantly afterwards - as in I went around the corner, and when I went back, they had respawned. Later, when I was doing the quest after going to the brothel, and they were all asleep, he accused me of having killed people and my character apologised. There also seems to be some translation issue in this quest where "filles" is translated sometimes as "girls" and sometimes as "daughter" (Dieter's girls/Dieter's daughter).

Im sorry but telling everyone to reload a prior save is not a fix for this and the fact that we are not getting any more information is frustrating @Focus_Farah

Same thing happend to me Im too far in progress to reload old saves and dont wanna loose my stuff, no cutscenes, no dialog with the dude in brothel. Any fix yet? Vasco is also locked all the time and its starting to get annoying

last edited by DandoS

I play on xbox and have the same issue that vasco is angry because i killed the nauts, but i didnt. I did sneak in. Collected the document. Sneaked out. No guards were harmed. If i return after soeaking to vasco the guards are all dead. I killed the guards when i arrived at new serene.

Registered on the forums to add that I'm having the same issue. Would a dev like to give a comment on when a fix for this problem will be available? Thank you.

@Slotharingia said in A Name For A Family bug:

@Poliamida said in A Name For A Family bug:

I have another bug in this same quest: I follow all the steps to put the guards to sleep, I walk in without alerting anyone, but when I walk out and meet with Vasco again he reacts as if I had killed some of them and I lose a reputation point with him. I did kill a guard far earlier when I was exploring the place for another quest, but I think he wasn't with me at the time (I honestly don't remember).

I have the same issue. I killed some dudes before when Vasco was there and he said nothing about it, so I didn't save. I figured if he had an issue with it, that would be the time to bring it up, not days later. Also, they came back to life almost instantly afterwards - as in I went around the corner, and when I went back, they had respawned. Later, when I was doing the quest after going to the brothel, and they were all asleep, he accused me of having killed people and my character apologised. There also seems to be some translation issue in this quest where "filles" is translated sometimes as "girls" and sometimes as "daughter" (Dieter's girls/Dieter's daughter).

Same issue as mine. Killed some Nauts stealthy with no rep loss and Vasco in my party when we arrived at NS. They respawned again, but are not physical. I could pass through them and they don’t respond to anything. Later on the quest Vasco accuses me.

Where is the support ... ?! 😑

Same issue here, I’m on PS4 and Nothing is triggered when I arrive at the docks. I’ve spoken the the harbour master, brothel owner and been inside and explored without finding anything.

I’ve done way too much to go back to before I accepted the quest now. Vasco is locked into my party and I can’t do anyone else’s personal quests so gameplay has ground to a halt. Hoping for a fix or a proper work around soon. Maybe an option to abandon quest, so you can accept it from the beginning again?

Same thing happened to me on PC. This is really frustrating. I would have to go back and abandon at least 10 hours of gameplay. Please fix this asap or at least give us some kind of update.