helicopters and armor are useless

you might as well remove helicopters from the game because they get shot down instantly

you might as well remove armor from the game because it does not do anything

@Grave

@Grave said in helicopters and armor are useless:

you might as well remove helicopters from the game because they get shot down instantly

Not usually. It strikes a nice balance of feeling broken and OP versus bad demos and feeling useless against good demos.

you might as well remove armor from the game because it does not do anything

Armor is kinda dumb, in my opinion. I get why it's there, and it certainly affects the smaller calibers, but a 7.62 rips through it pretty well.

Helicopters are really useless on elevated count coop server. The probability of it being able to finish a run is in the single digits while it getting shot down the moment it arrives is crazy high. It's accuracy is all over the place as it either butchers them or can't hit a cluster the size of a barn door. We need a way to modify it's HP or something bots only so it stops dying so much, it's absurd how useless it is right now.

A possible fix is removing the weak points for the bots or dropping their accuracy against the chopper significantly.

Armour seems fine. bit hard to say as without recording deaths you going to suffer survivor bias.

Armor can stop pistols and mp5.

You do know in Real Life Body Armor does not stop all rounds. And it does not cover your whole body so you do have areas were you can get hit. Body Armor has saved me from getting killed a few times. I get hit 2 or 3 times and if lucky I get down out of the line of fire ..

Helo's are 50/50 they have a use and they do the job so I do not see the Devs removing them at best they might make them evade more due to comments.

I can confirm this in 1.4.2 playing coop pretty much all the time and miniguns are shot down when they arrive on point most of the time without killing a single thing

last edited by BearWithTheSaw