Gameplay suggestions

@Unster said in Gameplay suggestions:

I'm confused, not just by the appearance of an until-now unknown community manager, but also the fact that he's forwarding the suggestions as if MR was still in active development and open to suggestions. As far as we know it's a done game and the focus is on SR.

Capture.JPG

Probably it was just a mistake. I wouldn't get my hopes too high. 😉

Hi guys, I confirm Reymey has joined the community team this month and will spend time helping us browsing the forum to compile feedback.

Yes, right now the focus is entirely on SnowRunner. But it's always useful to note feedback to make sure the reports are taken into account in SR.

@Netheos
Great! Forum IS working, fine, thx!

Welcome aboard @reymey. This is a very nice community. A bit to much passionate, but nice. 😃

last edited by deathcoreboy1

I know this is an old thread but im gonna toss something out there...

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is that when your in the mud, wheelspeed hurts you rather then helps you.

Im an avid offroader, and anytime your in deep mud hammering on the go pedal and keeping your tires spinning hard clears the treads and keeps them biteing, if you try to crawl through jt the tires fill with mud, and basically become slicks.

The only time crawling is better would be like, cutting across the middle of the bog map, where the ground isnt broken yet, then a light touch on the throttle is permissiable so you dont bust through.

One other thing...why cant the auto transmission mode function like a real automatic? There should be no need to come to a full stop for it to downshift.

@d88 all this is very true

@d88 As you kind of point out, wheel slip could hurt you depending on the surface, particularly a soft surface. I don't feel wheel speed unrealistically hurts you in MR. If anything, traction in mud is too high since it's very difficult to actually get stuck (with an AWD and diff lock). In real life, vehicles dig in more in soft mud and become stuck.

Fully agree on the automatic and it baffles the mind why it's so bad, since in the older versions of MR as well as ST it worked much better. The devs took something that worked well and broke it.

@Unster said in Gameplay suggestions:

@d88 As you kind of point out, wheel slip could hurt you depending on the surface, particularly a soft surface. I don't feel wheel speed unrealistically hurts you in MR. If anything, traction in mud is too high since it's very difficult to actually get stuck (with an AWD and diff lock). In real life, vehicles dig in more in soft mud and become stuck.

Fully agree on the automatic and it baffles the mind why it's so bad, since in the older versions of MR as well as ST it worked much better. The devs took something that worked well and broke it.

No i agree traction in the mud is to high. When i got the K5 buried to the bumpers and i can still come out im a bit baffled.

But that being said, i just would like to see it be a bit more real, like, if youre in the mud hammerinh the throttle will pull you thru better then dropping it in low and easy pedalin out.

@d88 You may be interested in some of my mud tweaks for increased realism:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/39125/how-to-make-the-mud-more-realistic-pc-version

With those settings, getting stuck in mud is actually possible. As far as hammering the throttle helping you, that would really depend on the conditions. It's a trade-off. Sure it may clear your tires better, but then you may sink deeper and also you'll be using dynamic friction as opposed to static friction (static friction is higher).

last edited by Unster