HK416 and 417

I know that these 2 are very similar to the M4 and even the MK18, but I would like to request for adding these 2 to the game

Meh. They're so similar to weapons already in the game why bother? Good candidates for moders though.

Besides, the HK416 is over-hyped anyway.

No the 417 would fit in ^^
And the HK416 aint overhyped maybe under Gamers but not in RL ^^ Just saying it lives up to the expectations in RL so...
Even though I'd love to see a G28 for the Marksmen as a proper DMR not that MK14 bullcrap

@FloppyCDdrive said in HK416 and 417:

No the 417 would fit in ^^

The HK417 wouldn't do much that the Mk.17 SCAR-H doesn't already do. It would at least look different, which is more than can be said for the HK416.

And the HK416 aint overhyped maybe under Gamers but not in RL ^^ Just saying it lives up to the expectations in RL so...

A lot of gamers seem to think the HK416 is some uber-M4 that is better in every way than the standard AR-15 pattern design. It's not. It slightly improves the reliability of what is already a very reliable rifle, and it increases the felt recoil over the AR-15. Overall, I'm not a fan.

Even though I'd love to see a G28 for the Marksmen as a proper DMR not that MK14 bullcrap

I'd also love to see a G28 and am also not a fan of the M14 EBR.

Since the G28 Is a HK417^^ just with a steel frame it basically is the same. and even the 417 is designed to be a DMR and not a Main Battle Rifle^^

last edited by FloppyCDdrive

And yes the 416 has slightly more recoil then your standart M4
but it doesn't spit at you with gas especially when running a Suppressor 🙂
and to really judge you need to shoot them side by side for yourself. And not let the internet do the work for you ^^

last edited by FloppyCDdrive

@FloppyCDdrive said in HK416 and 417:

Since the G28 Is a HK417^^ just with a steel frame it basically is the same. and even the 417 is designed to be a DMR and not a Main Battle Rifle^^

More or less. The G28 / M-110A1 has an aluminum upper, different rail, and different buttstock. I'm mostly thinking I'd love to see an M-110A1 as a Marksman weapon rather than a HK417 in a role closer to what the Mk.17 or FAL serves now.

and to really judge you need to shoot them side by side for yourself. And not let the internet do the work for you ^^

Agreed. I wish I had more first-hand experience with the HK416, but I have spent some quality range time with a SIG MCX which uses a similar gas system.