Release date?

So this obviously isn't coming out in 2019 like the website says.

So when will this be released? Is there any updated news?
Has the game been quietly cancelled?

While there has not been any news, I'm certain that they are still working on the game. I know it's taking a long time but I'd rather a good game even if it takes time. I urge the community to remain both patient and positive.

Lets get ready for a game of dev bingo. Traditionally this is where one of them appears and assures us that:

Everything really is fine.

They are all working really hard and reminds us that they are a small studio with a limited budget.

They need to do more to liaise with the community and will appoint a media comms position soon.

When they release information it will be spread far and wide.

After 2 1/2 years of development all we have seen are 60 seconds of CGI and half a dozen screenshots. The excuses are ringing hollow now. Give us something, anything, to show that the games still alive.

I also prefer a good game even if it takes time, I hope we'll have news soon

TweakBox Tutuapp

last edited by avensis

The devs posted this in discord back in Sept.

RF]Frank posted onto discord yesterday that the game won’t be out until 2020. His comment is copied below for your reference.

*Necromunda: Underhive Wars - coming in 2020

Hello folks,

As we are reaching the end of Q3 2019, we feel the time is right to let you know Necromunda: Underhive Wars will be released in 2020.

Our initial 2019 window included a period of Early Access, like we did with Mordheim: City of the Damned. As we moved away from this idea, we reorganized our development schedule, hence the 2020 release.

Somewhere in early 2020 we will share the official release date along with everything that can be expected from a proper communication and marketing campaign, such as screenshots, trailers, and much more.

Rest assured the entire team is working tirelessly to create the Necromunda video game reimagination this great community deserves.

Thank you.*

@djrdavidray What Discord do the devs post in?

@djrdavidray said in Release date?:

The devs posted this in discord back in Sept.

Hello folks,
Somewhere in early 2020 we will share the official release date along with everything that can be expected from a proper communication and marketing campaign, such as screenshots, trailers, and much more.

Thank you.*

alt text

last edited by A Former User

@Huff said in Release date?:

After 2 1/2 years of development all we have seen are 60 seconds of CGI and half a dozen screenshots. The excuses are ringing hollow now. Give us something, anything, to show that the games still alive.

I understand where you're coming from, not too long ago I felt the same way as you. In case you didn't know, they did have a playtest earlier this year- I know it doesn't mean much coming from a stranger, but I wouldn't be too worried about the state of the game if I were you.

It's coming, give it time.

I'm just really glad it's coming at all lol I just hope we have more races. I liked how different the warbands felt in Mordheim but I would have liked a bigger race roster, maybe even a complete one. I'd have paid the money for it, still would actually.

I've discussed this with a number of people (nobody from the company) and I would actually suggest Mordheim 2 would be better on a newer engine. Sure maybe bring out some new warbands for the original Mordheim maybe they can use some existing warbands and give them a reskin to make it easier and then work up some stats, but I'd suggest the studio, if they can get the license for it, actually develop Mordheim 2.

Its been pointed out to me a couple of times that the Engine they used for Mordheim could only let them do so much and that there were things they wanted to do but couldn't. A newer engine might allow for all the things they wanted to do and more plus if they use the same engine as Necromunda maybe they can use some of the assets and transfer them over, not sure about this bit since I'm not into programming.

An information update for the year would be appreciated by all of us who are waiting patiently for this game,it dosent have to be too detailed just updated to reflect what is happening

"Hello,
Like I said before. We'll have more to share in 2020 only. Give us a few months to keep putting in features and some iterations on our core gameplay and there will be plenty then.
Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year folks! 🎁 "

Few months, eh? So looking at probably March, April. Oh well. Least we know when to check back.

Was excited for this game when i first heard about it. The extended timeline for release didn't bother me... but communication from the developer has been so poor that I've decided i will not be purchasing the game.

I know a lot of people are willing to be patient and i hope for their sake that they get the game that they have been waiting for... but its safe to say that there are probably a lot more like me who have lost faith in this project.

Good luck and all the best (to devs and gamers alike)

is it sad i check every day for an update knowing that there will probably not be any updates until release day? if that even happens.

Seeing Focus Home is showing off their summer releases at Paxs East and Necromunda is nowhere to be seen. It wont be anytime sooner then Fall of 2020, but I would bet Nov-Jan 2020-2021.