Mudrunner editor workshop upload issue.

So me and another guy have run into an issue upon uploading of our mod Trucks to the steam workshop. The issue being that it seems to me that the editor is altering or improperly renaming texture files, my truck has a bunch of textures but one texture is acting up my main body color seems to be getting replaced on upload with the specular map? Changing from a rusted yellow, to black and white....pics below i hope...
Before
alt text
After
alt text

Any help, info or ideas how too fix would be appreciated. I have a few things inn gonna try but this needs fixed editor side. Or a guide on proper techniques to prepare for workshop upload. I.e. ideal format and size maybe having an Idea what Its actually doing to the files on upload would help me figure This out.... any devs plz comment i would really like to hear a response from you. Not sure at this point if its my files or the editor. But I'm very frustrated. I was thinking trying to change the post fix from "__s_d" to "__s" to see if the specular is overwriting the diffuse?!

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@DrGoNzO1489
Did you change anything about the textures/maps since the other night? Looked fine to me while I was testing...?

Added a new add-on fully textured. I dont know how that would or should matter

A very similar problem happened to forces and i but not on mudrunner it happened back on spintires when uploading the Miata , forces eventually figured it out if you have him on steam shoot him a message he might be able to help you out.

Ok to anyone having this issue i believe i have fixed it... The solution i came up with had too do with naming. In particular the postfixes at the end of the texture names. My diffuse was labeled "__d_a". I removed the alpha postfix So it reads "__d" and it appears to be working. I've never had the issue before now using the other tho....strange....

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@DrGoNzO1489
_d = diffuse map/texture
_a = alpha channel
Yes?

@drgonzo1489 said in Mudrunner editor workshop upload issue.:

Ok to anyone having this issue i believe i have fixed it... The solution i came up with had too do with naming. In particular the postfixes at the end of the texture names. My diffuse was labeled "__d_a". I removed the alpha postfix So it reads "__d" and it appears to be working. I've never had the issue before now using the other tho....strange....

Was the alpha channel you had in the texture all black?

@mexican_420 said in Mudrunner editor workshop upload issue.:

@DrGoNzO1489
_d = diffuse map/texture
_a = alpha channel
Yes?

Yes, I believe that's what it means. I believe this is explained in the guide.pdf which is in the editor folder.

last edited by Tattoo

Yea that's right and i didn't have any alpha or alpha kill on that. But it seems to be working, but now my game is crashing quite often with this and another truck running Idk if its the game or what cause seems to be an out of memory error everytime, maybe a leak somewhere?