Yellow grass in the editor

In the vanilla maps there’s lots of yellow grass and yellow foliage. Everything looks very autumnal. I’ve tried to recreate this in the editor but I can’t figure it out. I’ve tried painting distributions over every different material and with various shades of tint but I can’t make yellow foliage. What am I missing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tinting the grass makes it kind of darker right? I'm pretty sure it is a distribution you are looking for.. Messy grass or something like that.

@kent_bobo tinting changes the colour of any distribution on top but generally just makes it darker. It doesn’t change the colour to get the yellow look used in the vanilla maps. I’ve tried every distribution over every material, with or without tint and I’m yet to find the yellow effect. The sample map in the editor uses the yellow effect and I’ve even tried copying the distributions and materials over to a new map but I just get the same green or dark green colours.

Hmm I've seen this yellow in some maps.. @RoughRider Didn't you have some of that!

@kent_bobo thanks, hopefully this will bring me the answers I need! I’ve seen it in other user made maps and it’s making me feel inferior because I can’t do it! 😂

@torridon88 All in good time. Can't expect to be the best instantly 😛 I'm up to my 5th map and yet there are so many things I don't know how to do.

@kent_bobo yeah it’s definitley a skill that requires a lot of practice. It’s good fun though. I’ve barely played the actual game I’m enjoying that much...

@rustin said in How do you create your map to have a feel that is in 'The Bog'?:

The new editor maps terrain has a little option Saying 'Mutator' under the map sizes
write aut ( just three lower case letters) in the box to the right of this, this will trigger the editor to load the autumn textures.
You will have to reconstruct the level or even restart the editor and then reconstruct.

@mexican_420 That’s brilliant, thank you so much! I’ll give it a go.