Insurgency: Sandstorm releases August 25 on consoles

For PAX East 2020, we are excited to announce that Insurgency: Sandstorm will release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 25th, 2020. With over one million players in the game’s first year on PC, the award-winning tactical shooter is renowned for its realistic depiction of modern warfare focusing on lethal close-quarters combat, objective-oriented multiplayer and cooperative gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74iltAzkcmo
Insurgency: Sandstorm invites console players to prepare for a hardcore depiction of combat with deadly ballistics, destructive artillery, and unprecedented audio design that puts the fear back into the genre. Death comes fast, ammunition must be carefully managed, and the environment must be tactically navigated at every step towards victory.

Insurgency-Sandstorm_2020_1920x1080-Logo.jpg

“The console market has been craving a hardcore modern-day tactical shooter for a long time. Expanding our tried and tested PC formula to the console market is a huge step in our company’s evolution and we are excited to bring our signature style of tactical FPS to the console market for the very first time” - Keith Warner, President.

Insurgency: Sandstorm is now available on Steam and will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 25th, 2020. Stay tuned for more information.

Meet us at PAX East on the Focus Home Interactive booth (#29017).
http://insurgency-sandstorm.com

@chaton

Great news, but before I get too excited can you confirm if the PS4 version can be played offline with bots? Thanks.

Thanks for this update!!

It will be important that as well as a new PS4 Sandstorm coming this August... this game must also work on the new PS5 later this year. My large PS4 online War Clan will be watching this development closely.

last edited by RedKnightsOH5

The hype is real.

By the way, is there a subcategory for console discussion on this forum?

@RedKnightsOH5 There should be no reason it wouldn't work on the new PS5 as the intention is that it will be backward compatible with at least PS4 games. Also, their plan is to allow PS5 & PS4 owners to still play PS4 online games together. The idea is that they didn't want to isolate either of these folks and help people maintain friendships they built with the PS4. .....because obviously some people will upgrade sooner than others, etc.

....so barring any technical issues at launch, yes, Sandstorm should be playable on both systems and PS5 owners should be able to still play with their PS4 friends who don't make the leap at the same time they do.

I saw several Tweets in NWIs announcement where some folks figured it was a lost cause to launch I:S on PS4 so late in the year (thinking the game won't work on PS5). @DaraDef , I hope NWI clarifies this sooner rather than later so those folks who might be misinformed are not put off from buying the game for this reason. It would be a shame.

@SimonSmaga said in Insurgency: Sandstorm releases August 25 on consoles:

The hype is real.

By the way, is there a subcategory for console discussion on this forum?

Good point as some PC folks I have found in previous discussions can get rather toxic with the mention of console updates, questions, etc.

How about you fix the broken pc version before you release this game on the consoles?

last edited by Grave

.....case in point.

Interesting. Wonder if something like Xbox live gold or PlayStation+ will be required

@kingnightshadow said in Insurgency: Sandstorm releases August 25 on consoles:

Interesting. Wonder if something like Xbox live gold or PlayStation+ will be required

I guess it depends on what you want to do in the game and if they will make an offline option for solo play in the coop mode for console.

@Kean_1

Wanting the developers to fix their game is NOT toxic.

When do people on console get" Early access" to the beta On Xbox after pre-ordering?

@sw00ty In the beginning of the last livestream they made a point to say that they didn't really have any details they could share regarding console but they did say that there will be a beta for preorders and then a public beta after that just before release. I logged off after hearing that.

They also mentioned a closed beta in the coming "weeks" but again, no details on dates or how to folks can be a part of that. .......yet.

They said that in the next livestream with Mikee that perhaps he can help answer some console questions but more details should be coming after PS4 joins XB1 for preorders.