Engine sound

Hi there,

Please, don't know how to describe this, so please try for yourself and rapidly push acceleration button. You can clearly hear engine sound acceleration effect loading up again with each press. Biggest engines like D and E type don't have this problem. From K-700 and less, this problem appears.

PC/WIN10/Steam

Thank you! Have a good day.

last edited by Lorindes

Read this:

link text

This thing is from 2014

last edited by Lorindes

truck.revving = _max(truck.revving - elapsedTime / 0.8, 0)
if (not (truck.soundEngineRev == nil)) then
if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate > EPSILON and truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate + truck.revving * 0.8 + 0.5) then

working well now

Hello there, how are you?

Please, i had to post in this topic again. After the patch, the annoying sound is back, which is obvious. Please, can some of you throw this to devs? Will appriciate it, thank you!

(Edit: Pavel, or someone of you who has controller with trigger button can test this.
(XBOX PS4). Its no big deal to fix it when i managet to do it). Thanks.

Hi there!

Do you have video of this? I'm struggling to understand what the issue is, but want to help you get it fixed.

@iyagovos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, little late.

After i read your reply, jumped straight into some recording. There are two videos. First one is with "Bug" second with "Fix".

Video - Bug

Video - Fix

Keyboard users don't have any problem, they just push W and roll, but with trigger or even gas pedal on wheel this problem appears. Just wondering no one noticed for now.

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening!

Cheers for this, we're going to look into the issue internally.

@iyagovos

You know probably better than me. All what i can think of is this - consistent, and not loading same sound sample each time when gas pedal change position. Also, i want to mention that biggest truck in game D and E dont have this problem.

Thank you again,

Edit:

Sorry for bothering and spamming, i want to give much feedback i can.

From my point of view, the sound should reload when i do full press with pedal, but, it should not when trying to hold hold same torque.

Also - when you have neutral gear, and when idle pressing pedal, the RPM alarm wont work but you can hear engine rev.

last edited by Lorindes

Well don't forget also that the engine idle sound is always in the background. No matter if you are driving or not.

@lorindes said in Engine sound:

if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate > EPSILON and truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate + truck.revving * 0.8 + 0.5) then

working well now

Which file are you changing in Mudrunner to fixthis? I made this change in truck.lua after extracting media.zip and nothing changed. The game seems to use the ZIP file instead.

Edit: I see, it has to be in folder /Media.zip/ not /Media/
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Spintires MudRunner\Media.zip\scripts\truck.lua

I also changed truck.lua(129):
local soundIdle = _max(1.0 - low - high, 0)
to
local soundIdle = _max(1.0 - (low + high) * 8, 0)

to remove the engine idle sound faster when not idling

last edited by bn880

Can't wait to test it out.

Edit: Yes, it's working very nice.

last edited by Lorindes
	if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate > EPSILON and truckInput.pedalAccelerate > truck.prevPedalAccelerate + truck.revving * 0.5 + 0.01) then	
		C_SoundPlay(truck.soundEngineRev, false, true)
		C_SoundFadeIn(truck.soundEngineRev, 0)					
		truck.revving = 1			
		--C_TraceDebugString( string.format("prevPedalAccelerate %.2f", truck.prevPedalAccelerate) )	
	end			
	C_SoundSetVolumeMultiplier(truck.soundEngineRev, 0.4 + truck.engineTension * 0.4 + truckInput.pedalAccelerate * 0.2)

if (truckInput.pedalAccelerate < EPSILON or truckInput.pedalAccelerate < truck.prevPedalAccelerate - 0.05) then	
		truck.revving = 0
		--truck.prevPedalAccelerate = 0
		C_SoundFadeOut(truck.soundEngineRev, 0.25)			
	else
		--truck.prevPedalAccelerate = truckInput.pedalAccelerate
	end		
	truck.prevPedalAccelerate = truckInput.pedalAccelerate
end	

Changing those two values worked. Not anymore.

Would you kindly help me?

last edited by Lorindes

Getting flag as spam, dunno why.

0.5 + 0.01 to 0.8 + 0.5 worked for me.

Just want to update you that this sound "bug" is still present, and can't be even changed manually in file to work properly.

Thank you, have nice day.

Hi there,

We're still looking into this bug, thank you for the report. We don't currently have any news to share with you, but we do hope to have something in the near future to share with you.

Hi!

Don't want be rude much - but call it whatever sound "bug" still existing and annoying.

Thank you and have nice day!

Hello,

I make this simple.

1. Go to Providing Ground
  2. Spawn exactly these vehicles B-131, B-130, E-7310, D-537, D-535 and C--375, E-7429, C--6317, D--538, C--260, C-256, C-255, K--700, B-66
  3. Pick and test one by one, and rapidly press acceleration key. (W by default).

Please, make sure you give attention to vehicles mentioned in Italic. They work perfect! Now, make sure you give an extra ordinary attention to Bold vehicles, K-700 for example. When you press W, "engine acceleration sound" loads no matter if you press it 1.000 times in one second, it just load again and again. This is not a problem for keyboard users, because you are not sitting there and pressing W like maniac. But! Its ******* problem for me because i use trigger buttons as in any game with vehicles so it updates each nanomilimeter when i am trying to give a specific position as you in your car with your leg. So, it loads each time that starting sound effect.

Please, i posted all lines that has to be changed. I changed it to myself, so it worked before updates always ruined it. Now i cant do even that. Please, Iyagovos would you be so kind and help me? It will be most appriciated! Thank you all, have nice day!

PS: Why do i bother to give attention from year of 2014 and, or trying to fix it with your help?
Because! Now, read carefully please. I love this game. Well, to be fair, i love Samantha more, but its close. Anyway, i cant enjoy this game when K-700, or C- whatever is annoying as ***.

last edited by Lorindes

Hi,

So after recent update, i was again able to toy around with some stats in note pad.

This are the default notes:

***NSFW content***

click to show

Yo, and this are the "repaired" ones:

***NSFW content***

click to show

Basically this remove that annoying "engine start sound" whenever you press pedal (W default on key.) Now i can enjoy slow driving in the mud again with Steam Controller.

You can get the idea what "bothered" me. Maybe in future, the dev tem if they find some spare time to polish game, they throw eye on this. Than you again, have nice day!

last edited by Lorindes