Regarding Console Mods

Hi all,

The first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the MudRunner experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority. Now the goal is to fix the last remaining technical issues and bring some of the most requested features in the game (wheel support on consoles and working mirrors in cockpit view are on the list).

We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.

If have any other questions, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions post.

Cheers!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Hey guys it’s it possible to release special mods for console only since the modders of PC get to have any mod they choose . I got spin tires for console and already beat the game and now waiting for an update for new vehicles to continue to enjoy the game. Now I’m having a hard time even wanting to turn it on to play cause their is nothing new as per vehicles or maps when on PC I see all of these new mods for mudrunner . Thanks for your time

What you mean “nope” I think it’s fair that the Console gets new vehicles and maps when everyone on PC get mods for what ever they like .we are limited to what we got on console. So yeah that is fair wether you think it is or not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is mine. I’m just thinking if they want people to buy more console copy’s of the game then their should be more things to intice people to want to buy the console version then they would have more sales. And everyone on this planet is run and driven by money so it would benefit the makers.

I think that what they did was not fair at all. Look at FS2017 on ps4, they said from the start that the mods are coming to consoles and they did. Now the team of Spintires said that there is a probability for mods to come on consoles in the long run. They surely know if they can put the effort in getting mods on console or not but they said that probability just for the sales reasons. If they said 'no, mods won t come on consoles', very few people would have bought the game. They know for sure if they can get mods on consoles or not but will not tell that to us. And sony is not to blame, because there are other games with a lot of mods on consoles, the developer just needs to work hard and to verify those mods. And the content in the game now don t have that much replayability.

It seems to me that this community is too tight for the developers to just abandon the game. Would I like to see mods in this game for consoles ? Sure I would, but I didn't buy the game with anticipation of there being mods.
I'm just hoping that if the mods don't come to console that the developer will work with the community to release content that was designed and produced by other community members. A best of the best if you will... A contest of sorts... Some way to get the vehicles that some of these guys like Spun and Bregel are making or the maps and map features being made by others into the hands of console users. I've been in communities that share player created content, I'm hoping this game will follow suit.

last edited by crunky trunks

@crunky-trunks I totally understand what you are saying and i agree with you, but look at how many developers port their games to consoles and just abandon them. And 5 maps for this game are not that many. I completed the game in 10 hour. Don't get me wrong, i really like the game but i feel that the developers should add content regularly to the game, not just camera and other small updated. Atleast if they don't make the mods available to the consoles, they should create more maps and more vehicles. Apart from that they should add changing wheather and more randomness to make the game more replayble. What they do wrong is not telling us if we will ever have more content on consoles. If they would have been more open to us, the community, they would have achived much more with this game...

Hi there!

We have already confirmed that more content is on it's way to MudRunner, we just haven't said what that content will be.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Iyagovos
To be as blunt as I can, why are you keeping it such a secret?
This "carrot on a stick" approach is frankly getting a little old...

@iyagovos said in Regarding Console Mods:

Hi there!

We have already confirmed that more content is on it's way to Spintires: MudRunner, we just haven't said what that content will be.

Yes yes !

@mexican_420 You are right. They won't say what that content will be because they want people to buy this game in hope of more content. I will give you an example, 'The Long Dark' every month they release a developing diary saying precisely what content will be added to the game for months to come and they are indie developers. I will not recommend this game to anyone playing on consoles and i will not encourage others to spend money on promises...

last edited by Stanciu Sebi

@mexican_420 We don't want to announce anything that we're still waiting to be confirmed by the dev team, in the case that something changes or gets pushed back. We can promise that as soon as we have something confirmed, we will announce it to the community.

sigh
IOW we may still be playing the "PZ got up on the wrong side of the bed, so you're getting what he wants instead of what the community is asking for" game like we did with ST?
I'm not trying to be a jerk at all here, but after getting a lot of that with ST, you can understand why some of us might be a bit gun shy when it comes to MR...
Super talented guy, credit where it's due, but the community buying the game does pay the bills, so to speak.
Fool me once...

@mexican_420 said in Regarding Console Mods:

sigh
IOW we may still be playing the "PZ got up on the wrong side of the bed, so you're getting what he wants instead of what the community is asking for" game like we did with ST?
I'm not trying to be a jerk at all here, but after getting a lot of that with ST, you can understand why some of us might be a bit gun shy when it comes to MR...
Super talented guy, credit where it's due, but the community buying the game does pay the bills, so to speak.
Fool me once...

+1

last edited by BlueBirde

Уважаемые разработчики,где обновления для игры?Прошла уже неделя как вы и обещали,но обновления не вышли.

Guys, just give us Map Editor on ps4 and we will be in heaven. Idea of sharing maps with other players would be great as well.

Doesn't this farming game 17 have mods integrated on console? Shouldn't be a prob to add it too for MudRunner.

This is being discussed in another forum

Netheos Netheos Community Manager about an hour ago reply quote
Your request about having mods on consoles is loud and clear, but we copy paste the same answer because it's still valid. Having regular mods on console requires a big team to check the quality of the mods, additionally to the development of the base game. The MudRunner team isn't currently big enough to handle that. Bringing mods to consoles is also a technical challenge and takes time to implement.

We received many requests about features such as a new camera modes and wheel support and are doing our best to show that the game is supported both in the short run and long run. It's been only a few weeks since release, new content is coming, we're absolutely studying how to implement mods on consoles, but don't expect tomorrow, or even in a weeks to come.

Oi precisamos de veículos novos dlc já, pelo menos um caminhão velho em ferrujado, assim faz agente ficar aguadando conteúdo maior