Mod Support?

Will there be Steam workshop Mod support? I look foward to faction mods like PFLP and Iraqi Shia Militias

I believe Steam workshop support will be there, I base this off Classic INS and DoI having support. UE4 powered games like Squad and Ark also have workshop support so there's no real reason not to have it.

I hope so, I love having custom skins and stuff

@jambo said in Mod Support?:

UE4 powered games like Squad and Ark also have workshop support so there's no real reason not to have it.

Agreed and in addition, these games not only have Steam Workshop support, but the game files are available in packages for the modders, inside Unreal Engine 4. This means you can work on the game inside the same engine, not just the external tools people use, opening up even more doors than normal. I expect A LOT of mods, but I expect this very late and not during Alpha, Beta or maybe even any Early Access.

However, modders like myself, should be focused on improving the game in this early stage and bringing your modding ideas to the devs (where applicable) for the chance of it being added to the game. After the priority is addressed (getting it working and stable) we can focus on more adventurous things. For obviously 'out of place' things (that wont ever be added to the game), you should be able to go nuts when the game is stable and released.

Will it support changing it from FPP to TPP?

@Eagle_One Don't be bloody stupid this is not that crappy PUBG....

Tho there was a Insurgency SOCOM mod in the past that changed to TPP for a custom game mode that was pretty fun actually

last edited by SovietSpaghetti

@sovietspaghetti said in Mod Support?:

@Eagle_One Don't be bloody stupid this is not that crappy PUBG....

Tho there was a Insurgency SOCOM mod in the past that changed to TPP for a custom game mode that was pretty fun actually

Who said anything about PUBG?

Also, I donated to that SOCOM mod back in the day. The reason why I asked. Be cool to be able to play in TPP. Also it is still there to play!

last edited by Eagle_One

I hope that modding comes sooner rather then later. With the change in direction and a focus on a fewer modes a drive towards community content would be extremely beneficial. Especially if there's support from NWI to hold competitions for official map incorporation.

with the possibilities of modding in UE4 and NWI's approach to community modding in the past I highly believe it will be a thing in sandstorm