Tire track textures being implemented, plz

@sam3053
@Tattoo
From experience, paint.net doesn't "encode" the dds files properly. Photoshop and Nvidia dds plugin required.

@mexican_420, That's what I was thinking. It may be better using .tga and let the game convert them to .dds.

last edited by Tattoo

@sam3053, I just added tracks to my test mod and published it and I could not get them to work. It seems they are still screwed up. I checked the code, for the track textures, and the code got switched to TracksTexture="Offroad". And the textures get screwed up too. I used .tga. I wanted to switch them out with good .dds but the code is messed up so I'm not even gonna bother since it's still screwed up.

last edited by Tattoo

@Tattoo alright, than we will wait untill its possible. Still thanks for the help

@sam3053, I posted about this problem in the second update thread where Pavel replied about getting these to work and a couple users replied saying that I needed to update the editor again and that worked. The code, for the tire tracks, do publish correctly now but the textures still come out too dark still which makes them not work. I'm not sure why that happens and am waiting for a reply from someone that knows how they work. Sorry.

@Tattoo Aaah, thanks for letting me know, I'm gonna try this and we will see if it works.