STEAM and Map support....

@sodoma said in STEAM and Map support....:

ju

Thanks for the information you have provided. It gives some reassurance that the devs are still working on the game. But I would have figured that the devs would have had ""some"" of the workshop map support started at launch. The way I'm reading into this is that the game is actually in early access, but was sold as a finished game.

I think of my self as a casual Mudrunner player, I've mostly completed the game, loved the challenges, loved the logging maps, but for me personally, it's hard to play on vanilla maps once I've completed them. What really draws my interest is in testing modded vehicles in the mud and how they handle. There's no doubt when Workshop map support finally releases that it will single-handedly breath a long lasting life into the game that the community is hoping for. Just sucks the communication on when it will be delivered hasn't been always present or completely clear.

Message to Devs,

I think you guys need to be more transparent, write about the behind the scenes, the difficulties and achievements you face on a weekly basics. Make it a small blog, something short and sweet that won't take more than 30 min to publish.

Be real, be honest, show us your enthusiasm for the game.

(edited for spelling)

last edited by kronk

@muddman
I've provided almost basically nothing, just some thoughts...

@knight25
Wow, surprising statistics, at least for me. I haven't expected such numbers.

@kronk
Because this is not a first nor second but at least third time I see this idea, I will quote myself from Discord channel to support you:

Sodoma - 04.01.2018:
"@Iyagovos
But seriously, I understand, that you don't want to make false promisses, that is perfectly fine. Still, what about "staff-write-only" thread on forum, where you can put just small logs about how thing go? No big things, no specific details, just something, that let community knows about you are still alive and working on stuff.
You've already several times mentioned that you have a list of requests from players. What about some article about "this is rubbish, this is something we already working on, this maybe later, this is nice, but we don't want it in our game because of design..." and so on.
Just don't keep community in dark, there is not so much stock content, MODs are something that is vital for this and when map maker don't know what and when will come into the, it discourage him from creating...
I don't want to be rude or telling you how you should do your job, I just see these as cheap way, how to make players happier and as a waste that its not used..."

Thank you for that honest post. It's nice to see that the mods are truly relaying the voice of the community.

i swear some of the community and their reactions. i think i will get my popcorn maker back out yet again if people are going to treat this like another Oovee fandango. anyone care for some salt and butter?

@8up-local History repeating itself :p
I really do not understand, oovee is gone and the situation is almost identical, but wait, not identical
because oovee sometimes wrote in their forum about what they are currently working on and show some pictures, even if these things eventually appeared in the mudrunner

@sodoma said in STEAM and Map support....:

@lombra
Just for my own curiosity: What is the difference between "unspecific release date" and "postponed specific release date"?

If I'm understanding you correctly; none, and that's my point exactly! People are asking for an exact release date just for the sake of it, when there isn't one to give. All they can do is give an approximate date and then postpone that because, as it turns out, they needed more time after all. Or maybe they're actually ready earlier. In either case, the exact date was useless. Once it's closer to being completed they can probably give us a date, which will probably be within one or two weeks from the announcement.

I think that I may have opened a REAL can of worms as they say when I started this thread..some are still bitter about the Ovee thing and they are carrying over to this game now....what do you expect an update every few weeks..its only a small Dev team in charge of this and they have their hands full as it is...you know as well as I do( I think you do anyway) that this prob isnt the only game they are working on..so Its going to take some time for things to happen...please get over the bitter taste in your mouth already and move on...have you ever heard the saying that you get more bee's with honey...well its true...I keep getting this picture in Ma head that if some could do it..they wouild be down at the dev's office with a whip standing over the production staff cracking a whip and saying come on people produce ..produce...LOL..even a big team(lets say like rockstar) doesnt get a game out to us working perfectly and they have an army of Dev's working on their games...please give the Dev's some time to get something done...I mean come on..most of you already bought the first game..so what did mudrunner really cost you...I did and it only cost me like 13 dollars and change....I am not trying to just pick on the people that answered this thread...its the same in other threads as well....I think most of us even with the still outstanding issues..got our 14 dollars worth already...LOL

last edited by bigboyzback

And this is basically my point...
People are asking for informations. Basically ANY informations.
Bitterness from oovee thing is simply part of legacy of this game and has to be taken as a fact, turn blind to it is not fair or wise.
At situation with interested and curious players and lack of news (lack, not none), it is only natural that thing is mentioned again and again...
And yes, I know that creating a content takes a time, I've already mentioned that several times, but I also said, it is (by me) good idea to announced something sometimes, release some screenshots as a "proof" of your work etc... Look at "mod section", guys in there post pictures of progress on their maps/trucks if not regularly, then at least sometimes. And what kind of response they receive?
Search for reaction of players, when that "short vid revealing cockpit cam" was released...

Focus shouldn't have to prove themselves, really, but given the bad reputation they have effectively inherited from Oovee, they kind of do have to. At least for starters. Some surprises are fun to have, but not sure if that's the best strategy right now. We had enough "surprises" from Oovee. I don't think this game is different enough to warrant its own purchase just yet. I'm confident that it will be in the future, and I think then people won't feel like they have to worry anymore.

sorry guys I just get tired sometimes with the name sayers of it ..the guys that if Focus doesnt say anything about whats going on ..they play the ovee fiasco card....give focus a chance to do what they say....I am also not sure that you can put all the blame for no map support on steam yet just on the game devs since its Steam that has to modify their website to acept the map support...if you insist on playing the blame game Blame Steam NOT Focus I would say....