News on console mod or dlc?

Yes i know another post on mods or dlc for console, but ive been reading a lot of forums and there is no recent news on what yall are planning to do for consoles. Are you guys still "looking into it?" Or should i just give up hope and face the fact the i have to just deal with the way the game is.

@deeejay33 i believe you answered your own question better that the devs will be able too

Hi there,

At this time, we don't have any further plans to introduce mods to the console versions of Spintires: MudRunner, as our current focus is on introducing workshop map support to the PC version of the game, and working on additional content (maps and vehicles) for both the PC and console versions.

@iyagovos said in News on console mod or dlc?:

Hi there,

At this time, we don't have any further plans to introduce mods to the console versions of Spintires: MudRunner, as our current focus is on introducing workshop map support to the PC version of the game, and working on additional content (maps and vehicles) for both the PC and console versions.

Basically...TLDR
" Thank you to the console owners for your cash cow we made, incidentally we are going to focus on our main goal of PC gaming content production. Thank you for your support, go away for now, we'll throw you some scraps later. "

now i am not a console guy, so if i am wrong then correct me. but did they say they were going to bring mods or added content to console? by mods i mean user created, i figure like most people would have thought or hoped. anything created by the company/devs or thrid party brought in by the previous, would be added content. what exactly is the percentage of console vs pc anyway?

last edited by A Former User

Can you guys make up your minds? Are you or aren't you at some point going to implement mods to console? One thread says, not right now give it time. This one flat out says nope not gonna happen. I'm no expert, but alienating a customer base simply because it's a little harder to do is bad business practice. As a welde/fabricator I don't turn people away just because the job gets tough or not make as much on a job to be competitve that's not how you keep customers, but rather push them away. And by no means am I saying the base game sucks, but I have beat the game in single player in a matter of days, I only have 3 achievements left, and only the online ones which will take no time. After I 1 star the 3 remaining maps I have left, I guess I just go start testing what n the vehicles can and can't really do, and try to make some fun and games about it but that only goes so far, and paywalling dlc for consoles would just take the proverbial cake, which I really hope isn't the case, but for the love of the game I'll probably buy it, it fills that niche that other games just dont. Please don't take this as condescending or as another rant, or me telling you how to do your job, but honestly genuine concern for a franchise I'd like to continue for many years to come and a game I want to stay fresh and new for good years of fun and enjoyment. I appreciate it coming to console in fact, I've wanted to play this game since the original came out on pc but seeing pc guys with all the mod trucks and maps make my fingers itch for that kinda gameplay. I just think clarity and being open about the future would ease tension from the console community. Thanks and best regards.

@viperdemon6819 Fact is that us console players will never see any of the gameplay that pc players do. PC is the devs main focus which is stupid since console is a larger market. But the devs wont say any of this because they just pu$$y foot around and never actually tel you the truth. Thus the main reason they are losing fans and the franchise will be completely dead in a month

Hey you guys, quit whining and check this out!

@shuffy meh, that pc master race stuff. it just depends on what kind of platform is best for a person. both have their positives and negatives.

Being a console player myself (X1) I feel bad for all the console players and not being able to enjoy the maps/mods that this community puts out there its an entirely different game with and without them , I have Mudrunner on both console & pc myself with a time played of maybe 2 hours on console compared to over 100 hrs on pc so that alone tells you difference between having and not having mods...And I'm not about the stupid console vs pc wars I enjoy both.

@8up-local said in News on console mod or dlc?:

@shuffy meh, that pc master race stuff. it just depends on what kind of platform is best for a person. both have their positives and negatives.

meh ... anyone who has console and who gone to pc gaming will know why pc is worth it .. 30 fps pfffffft this is 4k /8k time .. i buy a game i want to own it not have limits which is what console is all about .... pc gaming is an art ..i want to customise my games see how there built and structured mudrunners does a very good job at that nothings hidden and the dev team support the pc side all the way.. console is plug and play .. i cant understand why you would want console if you have a pc buy a long hdmi cable or a steam controller..... a friend has a xbox one the graphics are weak the games are all limited to be able to play at that upscaled 4k rubbish ... i support the devs not supporting console and sticking to pc where the game was built dont forget that it was never built for console from day one so the devs have done enough really i understand the effort it takes to bring reliable stable mods to console ... the only reward from console is no cheaters .. other than that its a step down and always will be

freedom of speech baby

last edited by A Former User

@shuffy freedom of viewpoint and opinion. while i do agree more can be done with a PC, console is not so bad and can be just as fun. after all, is that not why we play these games? to have fun? lol

When is this update/ dlc for consoles coming out? Thanks

@shuffy said in News on console mod or dlc?:

@8up-local said in News on console mod or dlc?:

meh ... anyone who has console and who gone to pc gaming will know why pc is worth it .. 30 fps pfffffft this is 4k /8k time .. i buy a game i want to own it not have limits which is what console is all about .... pc gaming is an art ..i want to customise my games see how there built and structured mudrunners does a very good job at that nothings hidden and the dev team support the pc side all the way.. console is plug and play .. i cant understand why you would want console if you have a pc buy a long hdmi cable or a steam controller..... a friend has a xbox one the graphics are weak the games are all limited to be able to play at that upscaled 4k rubbish ... i support the devs not supporting console and sticking to pc where the game was built dont forget that it was never built for console from day one so the devs have done enough really i understand the effort it takes to bring reliable stable mods to console ... the only reward from console is no cheaters .. other than that its a step down and always will be

freedom of speech baby

With the Xbox One X there is no upscaling or anything. With UE4 you don't have to port from PC to Xbox either.
I have a gaming laptop also. I mainly use it for development but I don't care to game on my laptop. Even if I connect it to a TV.
I prefer to game on my One X.
I like to have my PC for development and work. And my X for playing around.

If they would work on atleast Xbox customization you could work on mods and stuff just like they have with farming simulator. To think consoles are all about limits, you would be incorrect.
That's why consoles are becoming more and more powerful.
The PS4 pro is upscaled and honestly not worth the upgrade. The One X is FAR better and is worth the upgrade. The reason I bought it and a 65" 4K tv. My laptop can game in 4K but I still prefer my One X.