Streering again

Ok so after a update people complained about auto centering, now on the pc the wheels only auto centered when moving not when stationery! So it must have been a PS4 and Xbox issue, now I've just started a game after the PTS update and now they don't auto centre at all not when stationery or moving! How many times is one gonna have to get used to the poxy steering on this game!

@dids
Have you set the "Arcade Drive Mode" to "ON"?

With this they center... at my game.

@Fratzegeballer note that current 6.1 set up also affects wheels centering while driving, we will change that

@esorokin
Since 6.1 I have at (gamepad):
Arcade Drive Mode "ON" - centered wheels while driving and while standing still (steering how it was before 6.1)

Arcade Drive Mode "OFF" - Wheels not center while driving or standing still

last edited by Fratzegeballer

@Fratzegeballer thanks for you input, arcade mode is off, I never even noticed there was a arcade mode 😂
If I turn the wheels then drive forward they stay in that position which has made the trucks almost impossible to control and I've ended up stuck in a rock like this.

Youtube Video

@dids said in Streering again:

the wheels only auto centered when moving not when stationery

this is how it must be after all. slow moving - very slow autocentering. noone will complain.

@Stazco 👍 this is standard physics when the vehicle starts moving the wheels will go back to centre, the faster you move the faster they will return to centre.

I just tried the arcade steering and it's not for me.

@Fratzegeballer said in Streering again:

@esorokin
Since 6.1 I have at (gamepad):
Arcade Drive Mode "ON" - centered wheels while driving and while standing still (steering how it was before 6.1)

Arcade Drive Mode "OFF" - Wheels not center while driving or standing still

There should be 3rd option too. No autocenter while stationary, autocentering while moving. Ofc like stazco said that more speed means faster autocenter

I know there is a lot of debate about the steering in game. The steering should be auto correcting. The rate of correction should be relative to the speed of the truck. So no auto correction at a stop and fast auto correction at speed. I don't know if this is possible but I think this would give the closest irl feel.

Guys, looks like you all play with keys (gamepads or keyboards).
I am playing with the steering wheel with FFB. For me the wheels should center only by the forces of FFB. If I turn them to the side and keep them like this, they suppose to stay like this. That's why I filed this as a problem several times. https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/51494/keyboard-mouse-and-wheel-conflict
Before 6.1 I could not make a curve. If I touched the mouse (and I look around with the mouse while turning), my wheels used to be spontaneously centered without any notice. See the video in my thread above.
BIG THANKS!!! 👍 for the developers, that they finally fixed this annoying bug. It was preventing me from enjoying the game.
Now at least I can play and enjoy the game with my Logitech G29. 🤗
And it is really good that they made it as an option, so everybody can choose the style he/she likes to play.

last edited by Tigron

Things are definitely improving quicker. Great work.