Some scouts are utterly broken, cant go in a straigtline!

Some scouts are utterly broken, cant go in a straigtline!
In the video I am only pressing the accelerator and as you can see the car goes anywhere but in a straightline.

The Marshal and the CK1500 both suffer from this, others might do as well, but I havent tested them. Its will most likely only affect the ones which have an engage-able Diff Lock.

Youtube Video

I would say that this behavior is realistic. Driving a car with such large wheels and powerful engine offroad? You just have to compensate the direction with the wheel when accelerating on full throttle. That's normal. The question is if it's intended by developers or not.

last edited by UltimateDriver

@UltimateDriver 🤣🤣 have u ever driven a vehicle? Or does your vehicle have rubber bands as steering linkage? It ain't realistic at ALL.

@Jayson
and you?)
i didnt have exp to drive big foots in wilderness, like in video, but driving almost any vehicle even on tarmac without holding a wheel will end up soon...any bump or incline, and you change direction a bit, lose line and totaly lose control soon...
just dont do it)

last edited by Stazco

@Stazco yes ur exactly right but if the stock is in the center the wheels should be in the center. We shouldn't have to fight the steering on a controller like we have been.

@Jayson those bug wheels for offroad tend to how low pressure to make better contact with the ground. this causes the wheels to be able to twist. it is realistic that you always need to correct your steering even on tarmac. if you are on uneven ground this problem gets alot worse. maybe it's a bit too much here but every bump in reality will bring you out of the straight line in reality.

@Guruthos said in Some scouts are utterly broken, cant go in a straigtline!:

@Jayson those bug wheels for offroad tend to how low pressure to make better contact with the ground. this causes the wheels to be able to twist. it is realistic that you always need to correct your steering even on tarmac. if you are on uneven ground this problem gets alot worse. maybe it's a bit too much here but every bump in reality will bring you out of the straight line in reality.

Please stop pretending this game has proper tire deformation simulation.

The main reason this is happening ingame, is because too much power is being send to the back wheels.
Even though AWD is enabled and ALL wheels have the same amount of grip thus should receive an equal amount of power, resulting in straight line stability.

@1nsane i never said this game has proper tire deformation. i said in reality they wouldn't go straight either.

alot of cars with awd don't send the same amount of power to front and rear wheels. out of several reasons. rear wheels do provide more traction during acceleration because of the weight shift aswell as that front wheels need aswell provide grip for steering so it's more likely to cause underseering.

your logic means that rwd vehicles are generally unstable because they have more power on the rear wheels? not als long as you go in a straight line and you have grip. they do have the tendency to oversteer true but as long as you don't have a powerfull car you won't feel it under normal conditions. and ingame wise does it cause your vehicle to be more unstable when just rwd is active. i don't think i experienced that.

i agreed the loss of stability is too much in this game i just disagree with such tires being stable in reality.