Release the update

After playing the pts for a while on pc I haven’t came across any major bugs that affect gameplay and think that the update is ready to be released. IDK what do you think?

The PTS is still having major bugs, so it's not ready for release...

Please be patient...

There are still to many critical bugs. Especially for steering wheel users and with new trucks.
We also didn't test other maps in the region.

and map and other mod making bugs needs to be fixed

This is the first game i bought where the devs wait for the customers to find the bugs for them...now every update and new map will be released as test server? Wtf they do before releasing? Nothing? We paid for extracontent and now we obliged to find the damn problems for them? and i'm sorry the wheel doesnt work but why we myst all wait for that fix... release the live version and if the wheel fix will took half year...thats it... why we are all suposed to wait for this... same with the mod.. f the mod... they keep us waiting to fix the mods wtf... it seems to me they actualy wait for the modders to do better stuffs and fix the game for free in order for them only to 'copy/paste' into the game... duh

last edited by Nona

@Nona said in Release the update:

it seems to me they actualy wait for the modders to do better stuffs and fix the game for free in order for them only to 'copy/paste' into the game... duh

That's exactly their strategy from the beginning. Very effective, I should say. They made tons of money without investing a lot.
Go, complain if you don't like. And tell us the outcome.

@Nona I don't follow. Modders can't fix the game. They can only point out flaws that need fixing, like we all do.

I also vote for delaying the release of this update, at least until the main wheel-related issues are fixed. I'm talking about the input conflicts between mouse, steering and throttle. The game is playable as is, but this part still makes it feel unpolished.

Also, the hiding of the crane controls needs to be finished. The current "fix" is a step in the right direction, but it's kind of a joke.

last edited by Unster

Agree. The most annoying bug as a wheel user is the multiple selection in the "v" menue. You never know what you have really selected.

And I'd really like to see a "customizable game controller". The current setups are nice, but often you really wish to change that. I especially miss the RC car style. With the steering on the RIGHT thumbstick, not on the left. Having the "inividual option" as for wheel users - that would be really great. At least its the same interface (Direct-Input).

last edited by JTT

@Unster said in Release the update:

The game is playable as is, but this part still makes it feel unpolished.

THIS IS A PTS (public "TEST" server ) so why do you expect a polished game

The PTS is still "better" than the live version.

And I do not share the opinion, that there are "unplayable bugs".

Yes, multiplayer needs to be addressed, wheels better supported and gamecontroller customized, the UI requires some work (especially the shift "logic" and its doing) ... but its ok with a better perspective.

And don't mention soft features like "balancing trucks" as well as "how to enjoy a truck you get full upgraded so late, that you cannot really play it". Raising the question "how to attach players to the game long term"

last edited by JTT

I just want the 'old' steering back on the ps4... 😞

O well... no snowrunner for me till the update I guess.

Having played with a wheel, I dont want any of the GC modes back. Tried both on PTS. And I don't like both, the old one being IMHO worse than the new one - especially on pretty fast vehicles. My ANK with the old steering was quicker on his back than a drunken (mentally) blonde.

last edited by JTT

@ukgamer808 said in Release the update:

@Unster said in Release the update:

The game is playable as is, but this part still makes it feel unpolished.

THIS IS A PTS (public "TEST" server ) so why do you expect a polished game

You don't understand. The input conflicts have been an issue since day 1 on both the main and test versions.

last edited by Unster