Where is the PTS content on consoles?

why would they make a public test server where the only people who can even "test" the new dlc have to play on pc? This is ridiculous I've bought everything the premium version of snowrunner has to offer yet because I play Xbox i don't get anything new? Along with everyone else who plays on any console for that matter? I am highly disgusted with the audacity it took for the game creator's to do this to its fans and buyers. This needs to be changed IMMEDIATELY, otherwise whats the point of buying a game that only pc gamers get new stuff on IF THE GAME IS MADE FOR CONSOLES ASWELL! WASTE OF MONEY!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Hi there @ty05

The PTS exists to test new content. It is not yet ready for the live game, and only people who are prepared to experience and report bugs in detail are encouraged to play on it. It's also to get general feedback, not just technical. It lets the dev team work much quicker than usual, trying new fixes, etc. The PTS allows for more time and a more thorough understanding of what needs to be fixed/changed before it goes live.

Having a PTS on consoles is quite uncommon, for various reasons. The content on the PTS will of course come to Xbox in Update 6.0, when it is ready (you won't have to wait much longer now!).

In the future, please try to avoid hyperbole and inflammatory titles (I edited yours). I understand waiting for new content can be frustrating, and the team is doing its best to make sure it comes soon and in a good state, but let's keep the forums civil. 🙂

Thanks!

@Jellyfoosh said in Where is the PTS content on consoles?:

Having a PTS on consoles is quite uncommon, for various reasons.

What are those reasons?

@Droemel
When you test something who is potentialy unstable you try it in an environment where you have as much control as you can wich is not the case for console.

They have surely people who try console version of those patch but they are prepared to deal with the worst outcome wich is not the case for the console user who usualy buy console for the simplicity of use.

If they face console lock up or any sort of software corruption data loss or worst case scenario hardware failure a litlle percentage of people would know how to deal with that.

Update on console is probably an other reason too.

@Droemel said in Where is the PTS content on consoles?:

What are those reasons?

The reason is the lengthy and costly process of sending updates to the consoles. They need to be pre approved by sony/microsoft. On PC they can just do whatever they want. There's a reason nearly every single time there's a test version of a game its on the PC version. Especially with smaller companies and teams like focus/saber. People really need to stop acting like absolute children on here it's embarrassing.

@Jellyfoosh

awesome game, while pts has some obvious bugs and issues which i hope will be resolved. i had tons of fun on it

thanks saber

@Droemel said in Where is the PTS content on consoles?:

What are those reasons?

Any console release (be it a completely new game or just a patch) needs to go through a whole pipeline of checks and certifications (done by the console provider).

That just takes to long for the agile approach of a public test release where you have many iterative releases in short succession.

Then there is the fact that it is quite complicated for the user to do something simple like "attach your logfile to the bugreport" or "post screenshots of the problem at hand".

last edited by DocMop

Console players should blame console manufacturers. Consoles are closed systems and every change or patch requires console vendor certification. That's why members of PC master race have to test it first for you. You should thank us.

@Droemel the main reason PTS doesnt come to consoles, because each update has to go through a painstaking process of being approved by the console creators (sony/microsoft), which means, it can take up to 48 hours for a patch to be approved on console, and when that patch is released, it will also take an additional 48 hours to release a hotfix to the patch on console.....when on pc the patch approval process is way shorter (if it even has one), which means the patch as well as the hotfix could be released on the same day....with not having to wait for the approval process on pc, it makes patching and running PTS easier