Fuel trailer spam returns on Imandra?

I haven't played it yet myself (waiting for full Phase 1 release to play the whole region fresh)
...but checking on maprunner.info, it looks like after the refreshingly barren Lake Kovd, we're back to the whole map be sprinkled liberally with our old friend - conveniently located fuel trailer.

I count:
1x fuel semi
3x fuel trailer
4x scout fuel trailer

After getting away from it, that's looking a bit like a regression back towards Alaska design principles.

How about just leaving the one big fuel-semi-trailer, and let the player decide where to haul it to?

How about no fuel trailer, and if the player want he/she can buy one. Lake Kovd was so nice and challenging, Imandra should be made challenging too. I haven't played the map yet, I'm waiting till it's out of public testing, but it really should be made at least as challenging as Lake Kovd.

yes, please remove all or most of them!

There is nothing challenging about having to plant your own fuel trailers all over the place. Its fine to some by default. Fuel consumption is already stupidly high.

@1nsane
It involves hauling a heavy trailer across difficult terrain. If that isn't challenging, what are we all playing SnowRunner for in the first place? 😛

There's nothing challenging about finding them conveniently scattered everywhere you go. Having to take them with you is intrinsically part of the core of the game.

The only difference is that hauling them isn't a predefined, scripted mission like the rest of the game - it's a mission you define the needs and solutions to.

@grimdanfango i just prefer they keep all the trailers but release a hardcore mode where no trailers spawn, or all trailers are empty by default (excluding mission related trailers which have 1 fuel/repair) because i have seen a bug where trailers with 0 resources cant be used to complete trailer delivery missions

@dahaka said in Fuel trailer spam returns on Imandra?:

How about no fuel trailer, and if the player want he/she can buy one. Lake Kovd was so nice and challenging, Imandra should be made challenging too. I haven't played the map yet, I'm waiting till it's out of public testing, but it really should be made at least as challenging as Lake Kovd.

I think having one easily found is fine - that's effectively just a finite, mobile gas station, which can be moved around as required and once used up, would need to be hauled back to a distant fuel station for refilling, and hauled back out again.

The main issue is having them spammed all over a map - then there's no point actually towing one anywhere, the map's just covered in free fuel - and usually plenty to cover the needs of every mission on the map before it runs even half-dry.

@FearedFox18 said in Fuel trailer spam returns on Imandra?:

@grimdanfango i just prefer they keep all the trailers but release a hardcore mode where no trailers spawn, or all trailers are empty by default (excluding mission related trailers which have 1 fuel/repair) because i have seen a bug where trailers with 0 resources cant be used to complete trailer delivery missions

Yeah, that'd work too...

or allow us to build a depot like we did in quarry