First look feedback Imandra

I explored most parts of the new map now using the Yar and the Radar trailer. Atmosphere wise the map is great. Some challanging roads, beautiful landscape, good winch points and nearly no weird rocks where they shouldn't be naturally. I'd say together with Zimnegorsk and Rift by far the best map.

But ... and thats sadly a big but. With the combination of Yar and the radar trailer it's really tireing to drive around. It feels like crawling in low gears on straight sections where i don't even need to look at the screen for a few minutes. Not sure if i ever got out of low gears in the lower parts of the map. Not because of challanging roads no just because of the permanent presence of soft snow. it took me hours to explore the map. most of the time just holding down the gas, not even looking at the screen and chatting or what ever i could find to do during those boring parts.
The fuel trailers are excessive and take away part of the gameplay in my oppinion. but considering the time i needed to get around because of these boring roads i was thankfull for them. But i think giving us more roads where you can actually a bit more distance and then driving another truck around refueling the scout would have been the better and much more fun solution. Aswell it would have been good for Coop one scout with radar and one scout with fuel trailer or a fuel truck. For me it feelt a bit like, well we messed up the roads a bit so easy solution put fuel trailers everywhere.

The narrow bumpy or steep roads where fun on the other hand. Trying to think ahead not to flip the Yaz, use the winch strategicly. Big compliment on this part again. looking forwards to this with cargo.

But saying cargo ... again it seems to be very very scout heavy this map. Considering what I like in this game the scouting part is by far not my favorit. Aswell for those i tend to play together in Coop every now and then it seems not to be the part they wanna play cause always when it's about who does the scout missions, there is silence. As bigger the load as more people wanna do that mission. Maybe we are a minority within the community but maybe this can be confirmed or denyed by others in this forum. I for my point want as less scout missions as possible and as much cargo or heavy load missions as possible.

This post might get updated further depending on how long it takes me to "finish" the map excluding the scout missions wich i won't do on the PTS version cause i really don't want to do them twice just to keep my main safe file on 100% on all maps.

last edited by Guruthos

What about the new missions in michigan? I see its alot of delivery to do there... anyway i wait for live version cause i dont was to spoil my experience with bugged version...

last edited by Nona

I feel that devs went a little over broad with the deep snow and mud with breakable ice underneath. I do like scouting in this game but I really love pulling cargo through the terrain and these two maps have a heavy scout focus. At least with Zimnegorsk and Rift you had trails where you could move cargo along the two new russian maps from what I have seen thus far does not. Like I have had to stop playing the game for a while because it was frustrating trying to move my p12 with the new wide trailer to the new map. Wish the devs allowed us to create some roads,wood bridges and clear deep snow on some paths, to create the feeling that we are taming the wilderness.

@Nona said in First look feedback Imandra:

What about the new missions in michigan? I see its alot of delivery to do there... anyway i wait for live version cause i dont was to spoil my experience with bugged version...

They are large delivery orders which acquires you to travel to different places across the 4 maps.

@Nona I haven't had a look at the new contracts yet. it took me around 4-5 hours and 1000-2000 liters of fuel already just to explore the new map and collect the upgrades. The PTS is not buggy. At least not as far as i noticed.

@mastercap I don't think we need to tame too much or it gets rid of the challanges ... it would be helpfull if "snow chains" actually would perform better in snow then regular tires. As far as i know the game treats mud and snow the same. in reality chains are made for snow and less for ice. I think that would be the easiest, fastest and most realistic fix for the issues this map has. Then we can aswell get rid of the excessive amount of fuel trailers on this map cause it would be fun to drive again.

@Guruthos said in First look feedback Imandra:

@mastercap I don't think we need to tame too much or it gets rid of the challanges ... it would be helpfull if "snow chains" actually would perform better in snow then regular tires. As far as i know the game treats mud and snow the same. in reality chains are made for snow and less for ice. I think that would be the easiest, fastest and most realistic fix for the issues this map has. Then we can as well get rid of the excessive amount of fuel trailers on this map cause it would be fun to drive again.

I mean in terms of challenge there has not really been much just drive through unavoidable deep snow , and break able Ice. I am saying they should allow us to establish our cargo routes on key sections of the map so it does not feel like a slog driving through you can still have your difficult trails, it is same design on every map before it you had your scout and you went out to find best possible route to move your cargo and Kova Peninsular that feels absent and feels like the devs went over board with the untamed wilderness . I went into more detail on a post describing this situation.

@mastercap You should try a few tasks, such as those to unlock the garage or the two big contracts for the armored cars and airplane. Keep in mind this phases focus is "search and recover". That in itself implies a "expect the unexpected" mentality and that should be applied to the new region. I've noticed that no route is ideal. Some will get creative transporting cargo across the map.

I went into this map expecting it to be similar to the other maps and man... did I pay for that. I brought a P12 with the fuel/repair addon (cant remember the actual name to save my life right now). Explored a bit and then got it stuck in some cracky ice (as I call it). So went back to my garage and got my Azov 5k series (with a mini crane and flat bed) and a Tayga with the fuel cistern for back up. Towed the Tayga all the way there with the Azov and got the P12 unstuck, then realized how large the map scale was and decided I needed the mobile radar. Brought out the Tatarin and the H2 with the radar in tow. Used the Tatarin to haul the H2 all around and explore the map after parking up all 5 trucks at the heli pad. The H2 is nearly out of fuel, the Tatarin is half full, and the radar is out of fuel and I still havent even seen the garage yet. I will need to dispatch the Tayga to go fill everything up.

Like I saw in another Imandra thread, there is a real need for chained tires on some vehicles and mud tires on others. Having one of each working in tandem with LOTS of winch use seems to be most effective. Unlike a lot of the other maps, this one has been fighting me tooth and nail and I think I love it for that.

I love the map . I am hoping for an add on map that is mostly snow and ice .

Vehicles are performance inhibited.

Mods do not run for me on the public server, but adding a few trucks like the Bronco, Raptor and LandCruiser will bring more realistic traversal and speed as one would expect, I like these mods as they are not "supertrucks" just given more realistic characteristics so I'll be loading them first when the Imandra map drops for the public.

For the reasons you've mentioned, I have left Imandra and gone back to Michigan to do some of those new missions. I don't want to torture myself either, I'll put some real vehicles on Imandra in a week or two. 🙂