Resupply crate healing function is too easy to miss

The fact that the resupply crates that you can find at your team's spawn location in most game modes will heal your character when used to perform a full resupply is far from obvious. A player can play the game for 100 hours or more before they really notice the faint bloody edges of their screen going away when they perform a full resupply, or before reading the 1 loading screen tip in the game that tells you that the crates offer healing, so it's safe to assume that the percentage of players who know about this function is much lower than it should be. This becomes a problem when players on low health unknowingly miss out on free healing and proceed to die in shootouts that they would have lived through if they had full health, to the detriment of their teams.
sandstorm_resupply_crate2.jpg

This problem can be easily fixed by adding a colored medical cross like the one below to the resupply crate icon: medical_cross2.jpg

last edited by Luri

@Luri It's not a huge issue IMO. It's pretty obvious to me, anyway, although I did read the patch notes when the update that added this mechanic dropped.

The red tint at the edges of your screen going away is a pretty solid indicator. If you're new, you can also just ask in-game and get a response pretty fast.

@Luri said in Resupply crates' healing function is not obvious enough:

...or before reading the 1 loading screen tip in the game that tells you that the crates offer healing...

You can actually read all of the loading screen tips on the main menu when in-game, and I think there's a way to do it in the main menu while not in-game. I'd also assume it's said in the Lessons area and possibly in the Tutorial as well.

...it's safe to assume that the percentage of players who are aware of the function is way too low.

Well, it's going up now, but I'd say that this statement applies to the small ammo boxes around each objective in Hardcore Checkpoint. I swear, no one knows about those.

This can be easily fixed by adding a colored medical cross like the one below to the resupply crate icon:

Yeah, just adding a cross or something would solve it though. I forgot what Day of Infamy did, but I think it said that you'd get full HP when resupplying.

A bump beats a new thread