PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 8)

Hello Runners!

We've just released an update on the Public Test Server.

Until now, the PTS has contained content that will be released in Patch 7, but patch 7 is now locked for release, and we are just waiting for it to get certified on consoles.

Today's PTS update includes changes coming in Patch 8, which address some issues with crashes, mods, wheels, and more.

Please don't hesitate to report any issues you come across. Thank you!

Wheels:

• Added Logitech True Force Wheel G923
  • Fixed conflicts between using D-pad and moving crane camera using Logitech G920, Logitech G923
  • Fixed bug when gears binds were not saved when exiting the game
  • Fixed bug when Clutch Pedal didn't work with TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • Fixed bug when Driving Force Shifter for Logitech wasn't recognized
  • Fixed not working winch when using Logitech G Saitek Farm Controller

Other Fixes:

• Fixed incorrect collision and behavior of International Transtar 4070A with Trapezium bumper and Fuel Tank attached (or other heavy load)
  • [Co-op] Fixed some players getting kicked from the game after watchtower unlocks, contracts completed
  • Fixed bug where trailer fuel capacity wasn't displayed in the selected metric system
last edited by Jellyfoosh

@Jellyfoosh
You should fix this... not mixing console with pc... im on pc... why the hell i must wait for consoles approval...

last edited by Nona

@Jellyfoosh said in PTS Update 24/08/2020:

Until now, the PTS has contained content that will be released in Patch 7, but patch 7 is now locked for release, and we are just waiting for it to get certified on consoles.

There were some serious problems with Michigan contracts in v7.5. Has it been fixed before the version got locked for release?
I have just checked PTS 8.0 and it has not been fixed. Are you sure you want to release it like this? You are going to have a lot of complains.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/53372/new-michigan-contracts-broken-serious-problem-pts-8-0

[Co-op] Fixed getting kicked from the game after watchtower unlocks, contracts completed

This is a serious problem since day 1 of release. It should not have been pushed till v8 of PTS and it is better to have it included in patch 7 for live version. A lot of people are waiting for this fix.

last edited by Tigron

It looks like chevy apache is ready.

I have to say, it's perplexing the things that do get corrected in a short turn around, such as the Transtar front bumper collision as noted above. Yet the CAT 745C suspension freaks out when you hop in it... there are map deficiencies that were reported a month ago that were never corrected. The Michigan contracts somehow got broken and are still in PTS 8.0 which means they made it to the pending live update since this release is based on 7.5, no?

These are just a couple things to mention after spending 10 minutes on 8.0. With the extended time taken to polish this live release, maybe I set my expectations too high. No doubt several fixes and changes are coming with the update but I feel even our public feedback in an attempt to help, seems irrelevant.

@Nona said in PTS Update 24/08/2020:

@Jellyfoosh
You should fix this... not mixing console with pc... im on pc... why the hell i must wait for consoles approval...

1. just using common sense here, I’m sure they want the update to be available at the same time for both console and PC players, otherwise showing favoritism to one over the other.
  2. PC players get to use the PTS while console players don’t, sooo technically you’ve been able to play the update already while console players have just been waiting and drooling at preview pics
  3. PC players are also able to use mods, which opens up the game to way more replayability
  4. taking the first 3 into consideration, especially #2, surely you can wait the few days for console approval
  • [Co-op] Fixed getting kicked from the game after watchtower unlocks, contracts completed

I hope this is fixed for real. That was one of the biggest problems with public coop next to the missing text chat.

@Tigron said in PTS Update 24/08/2020:

There were some serious problems with Michigan contracts in v7.5. Has it been fixed before the version got locked for release?
I have just checked PTS 8.0 and it has not been fixed. Are you sure you want to release it like this? You are going to have a lot of complains.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/53372/new-michigan-contracts-broken-serious-problem-pts-8-0

This is very bad, I hope they fixed this for the live version.

last edited by Amynue

Thanks to @throwbuckley for having a consistent reasoning and an open mind towards the console players of which I am a part. It is still a shame to see in recent weeks the requirement that PC players have shown to developers. Impatient, disrespectful of the work accomplished and to come by the developers, dissatisfaction, moans ... I feel like coming back to kindergarten !!!

I don't know me, go for a run outside, watch a movie, hang out with your families, play other games ... at least you won't see the time go by and you won't be constantly claiming the publication of the update. If you are not happy to create your own game yourself, get hired by Microsoft to validate the updates faster but stop complaining and writing your negativity.

I prefer that the developers test their updates with PC players it shows their seriousness and their willingness not to sell a game full of bugs because a game / software without bug does not exist.

Snowrunner isn't the only game to have an update to validate by Microsoft, it's only a matter of days.

In french

Merci à @throwbuckley pour avoir un raisonnement cohérent et un esprit ouvert envers les joueurs consoles dont je fais parti. C'est tout de même dommage de voir depuis ces dernières semaines l'exigence dont font preuve les joueurs PC envers les développeurs. Impatients, irrespectueux du travail accompli et à venir par les développeurs, mécontentement, gémissements... J'ai l'impression de revenir à la maternelle !!!

Je ne sais pas moi, allez courir dehors, regarder un film, passer du temps avec vos familles, jouer à d'autres jeux... au moins vous ne verrez pas le temps passer et vous ne serez pas sans arret en train de réclamer la publication de la mise à jour. Si vous n'etes pas content créer donc vous meme votre propre jeu, faites vous embaucher par Microsoft pour valider plus vite les mises à jour mais cessez de vous plaindre et d'écrire votre négativité.

Je prèfère que les développeurs testent leurs mise à jour avec les joueurs PC cela montre leur sérieux et leur volonté de ne pas vendre un jeu bourré de bug car un jeu / logiciel sans bug çà n'existe pas.

Snowrunner n'est pas le seul jeu à avoir une mise à jour à valider par Microsoft, ce n'est l'affaire que de quelques jours.

@blackjack00 where have they said anything about it, I am just curious because we only know from datamining and nothing from the devs?

last edited by CaptnNewfound

Fixed incorrect collision and behavior of International Transtar 4070A with Trapezium bumper and Fuel Tank attached (or other heavy load)

Well, I tried it with Trapezium bumper and Fuel Tank. Watch the video. It is taken today with PTS 8.0. Do you really call this a "fix"? By the way snorkel also does not work. It used to work before, how did you manage to break it?!
The truck cannot even do it without damage from the garage to the trailer store at Smithwille Dam.

Youtube Video

• [Co-op] Fixed getting kicked from the game after watchtower unlocks, contracts completed

I can not believe it's taken this long to get this fixed. This has been the single reason me and all my friends stopped playing. And it's not even in the next patch.

@CaptnNewfound Yes , they added, all the files are already in the PTS8.0 game , just waiting to be released , this is really exciting news. The publishing method may be similar to kuan39

snap_screen_20200825102245.jpg snap_screen_20200825101216.jpg

I own the PC Snowrunner game and I have looked at the forum to locate the editor and the only thing I have is Epic games launcher. The PDF shows just epic games. How does someone get to the SnowRunnerEditor.exe ? I have the PTS in my library on the Epic Games Launcher, but every time I click it, it takes me to a regular version of the game. Please let me know the exact way to get this path "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SnowRunnerBeta\en_us\Sources\BinEditor\SnowRunnerEditor.exe" 'cause I can't find it anywhere. Thank you.

@CanuckRunner I would disagree, you feedback is very welcomed, we are watching closely and adjust our plans according to feedback from PTS players

[Co-op] Fixed getting kicked from the game after watchtower unlocks, contracts completed

That's more than disappointing. This problem has been around for a long time.
You are definitely setting the wrong priorities!
Unimportant things like the "correct position of the wobbly heads" or something similar are constantly being fixed,
but such a problem is still not resolved in the next patch? That's ridiculous....

last edited by currywurst67

@esorokin I appreciate your response. And I apologize if my post came across as implying the development team disregards all feedback. Some of us are passionate for this game and only wish to help make it the best it can be so there is more enjoyment and hopefully less complaints from the masses for not catching issues that may have gone unnoticed or unreported.

As I've said before about the team, keep up the good work. Not everyone understands the challenge of transitioning to remote work. Just because it can be convenient doesn't make the collaborative effort or testing environments any easier.

Are you kidding us ...?!
Don't tell me that you can't add this patch to patch 7 and that it will take 2 months to get it in patch 8 ?! Is this a joke ?!

4 months ... 4 months since the game was released and the major bugs are still there and they will still be there at Christmas!
If you want to take your time for the fixes, no worries, but at least fix the important bugs.
Review your priorities, seriously!

Gamers want a stable, and IF possible, game without crashes and bugs.
This game is not early access for the price you sell it.

We are still waiting for a real speedometer on Mudrunner ... Any news ....? :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:

last edited by ReApEr2B

@esorokin said in PTS Update 24/08/2020:

@CanuckRunner I would disagree, you feedback is very welcomed, we are watching closely and adjust our plans according to feedback from PTS players

Any reason the 121 post about sound quality has never been responded too as part of this watching? 😁👍🏻