PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 8)

Send me a PM throwbuckley , if you are sad or feel down, my door is open.

ukgamer808
Thanks for keep'n us updated on the game, keep up the good work. Next week is about gaming.

@A-Former-User said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:

Send me a PM throwbuckley , if you are sad or feel down, my door is open.

ukgamer808
Thanks for keep'n us updated on the game, keep up the good work. Next week is about gaming.

Your welcome and cant wait to get stuck into new content and yes next week is all about gaming cheers

Why is there a preset for the "Logitech G29 with gearbox", but isnt there one for the Logitech g920....

@Jellyfoosh said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:
"> Please don't hesitate to report any issues you come across."

The dog doesn't even care about what we write what's wrong ... We have to worry that we will never play more people from the same network .. but then there would be no such feature to be a multiplayer game! There is no point in playing a multiplayer game if I can only play with someone who lives on the other side of the country! Many people are tired of having so many problems, nothing happens, but the bottom line is that the bad lights and the play with the steering wheel have been improved! Yeah and add new add-ons to it, I just don’t know why when even the basic game is a trash can! But at least you would write something not just that: " Please don't hesitate to report any issues you come across."!!!!!!

The network issue said it was fixed in update 7 but it's not and now not even with a vpn can I play with in the same network anymore so i really hope you actually fix the problem this time when you say it's fixed.

Sure wish mods would remove the petty kids squabbles in this thread and make all posts about the update.

There is a ton of great new things coming in the release. If you are not a season pass holder, get it, it's worth it. I will be quite happy when this patch ships, and we can start getting the stuff from 8.0 on the PTS lol. With the PTS being up so long with this new content, I have already gotten bored with the stuff that hasn't been released yet.

@Beefalo-Bart said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:

Sure wish mods would remove the petty kids squabbles in this thread and make all posts about the update.
I have already gotten bored with the stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Yup, I swore that I would not finish Imandra, I will not finish Imandra I will not finish Imandra I will not finish Imandra I will not finish Imandra I will not finish Imandra I will not finish Imandra

I finished Imandra ...................

Ever since the last PTS update I have not been able to play on the test server, I load the game be it single or coop can get in game take a truck out and drive but if i open the map i get a BLACK screen with a collection of jumbled writing top left and a very tiny small image of the map sometimes in the middle. at this point i cant do anything no escape apart from Alt Ctrl Del and task manager shut down, tried driving to different map and save but no go i am afraid, so not sure what has gone wrong I dont know, its a shame because i was enjoying the game. Hope this does not transfer over to the main game when the update does get certified as that will be a game breaker.

Rodeown am sorry but maybe its a blessing.

Yeah I am all for having the PTS, but honestly the content has been close to done for so long now. I have only seen 1-2 small issues other than the normal game engine issues lol. Like the missing icon for the coiled steel rolls as cargo on the mod test map.

Imandra is a tough map, and it will fight you every step of the way. Thats a good thing since each map gets harder and harder to test your skills. And I look forward to the new maps in the future. But just go ahead and release the patch so I can 100% it on normal servers and get to the fun of mod trucks in Coop.

@Rodeown said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:

Ever since the last PTS update I have not been able to play on the test server, I load the game be it single or coop can get in game take a truck out and drive but if i open the map i get a BLACK screen with a collection of jumbled writing top left and a very tiny small image of the map sometimes in the middle. at this point i cant do anything no escape apart from Alt Ctrl Del and task manager shut down, tried driving to different map and save but no go i am afraid, so not sure what has gone wrong I dont know, its a shame because i was enjoying the game. Hope this does not transfer over to the main game when the update does get certified as that will be a game breaker.

This happened after one of the last (not THE last) updates. You are likely on a Michigan map and have already done the major new deliveries on that map prior to this particular update. That should be responsible for the fact that you have this black screen. I also have them in all Michigan maps at 2 PTS savegames.
The last update is said to have fixed the problem, but not repaired the old saves. If you now copy a live save to the PTS, this should not happen again.

What's the point for PC players to wait for console version approval? Just release for PC, let the console players wait.

@ZUKMAN said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:

What's the point for PC players to wait for console version approval? Just release for PC, let the console players wait.

Too late, that party opened and closed about 3 pages ago πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»

@ZUKMAN Well then they would have to make a statement of WHY its taking so long for console certification to go through. And if its truly been sent to he hands of Sony and MS for cert 3 weeks ago the most likely answer is that it failed one of the consoles cert processes once and maybe even twice.

Which of course would be embarrassing and explains the radio silence this week.

@WildTurkeyCO said in PTS Update 24/08/2020 (Update 😎:

@ZUKMAN Well then they would have to make a statement of WHY its taking so long for console certification to go through. And if its truly been sent to he hands of Sony and MS for cert 3 weeks ago the most likely answer is that it failed one of the consoles cert processes once and maybe even twice.

Which of course would be embarrassing and explains the radio silence this week.

They have to book a slot among every other game patch, submit and do what we are..... WAIT.

@chieflongshin Ohh shut it, I'll say what I damn well please whether you like it or not bud.

I have a update from snowrunner today I quote

"With update 7 locked in terms of content, we're now just waiting for the patch to pass certification to publish it to all of you on all platforms. It was delayed due to technical changes in the console builds that require a full check from Sony / Microsoft, there is nothing we can do but wait. But anyway, we are apologizing for that delay and thank you a lot for you patience! Trust us when we say we're as eager as all of you to get it in your hands!
Unfortunately we can't give you any particular dates."

So there it is still waiting for certification

last edited by ukgamer808

so another 2 weeks then

@fAtkOs

2 weeks starting from next week lool

when i worked @game tester - TCR//TRC certification cost alot money and re-test was after 2weeks - if they fail - then need to fix build and do another certification test, that why many games has 2weeks relese deley